Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Stupid rednecks to protest at Statehouse

Opponents of the flag represent nazis to me. They are, after all, attempting cultural genocide of my heritage.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

Wonder where they found those halloween costumes this time of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    You think the Nazi flag which represented a group of people that killed 6 million Jews and tried to wipe them off the face of the earth has the same semblance as the Confederate flag?

I would say that anyone who even thinks they are in the same category as the Jewish people are crazy as hell.
    The Nazi flag represents hate, racism, murder, oppression and genocide to Jews. Yet there were many Jews who lived under and supported the Nazis. Look up Jewish Nazi collaborators. After the war Simon Rosenthal and his group hunted them down as well as the Nazis for war crimes.

The Confederate flag represents hate, racism, murder, oppression and perceived genocide to most blacks. There are a few who support the flag but are ostracized by their own community.

Is it on the same scale, not at all. Is the meaning and perception the same, yes to many it is.

If you choose to look at the issue from only one side, you'll never understand the position of the other and the meaning the symbolism holds.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    The Nazi flag represents hate, racism, murder, oppression and genocide to Jews. Yet there were many Jews who lived under and supported the Nazis. Look up Jewish Nazi collaborators. After the war Simon Rosenthal and his group hunted them down as well as the Nazis for war crimes.

The Confederate flag represents hate, racism, murder, oppression and perceived genocide to most blacks. There are a few who support the flag but are ostracized by their own community.

Is it on the same scale, not at all. Is the meaning and perception the same, yes to many it is.

If you choose to look at the issue from only one side, you'll never understand the position of the other and the meaning the symbolism holds.
    Do you think the ones who are "offended" by the flag are looking at it from a supporters perspective? Seems like a one way street to me.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    Do you think the ones who are "offended" by the flag are looking at it from a supporters perspective? Seems like a one way street to me.
    Nope, I'm sure there are those who are stepping back and saying lets be reasonable about this, much the way there are those on this board who see it from their side. Most of them are like those of you who are vehemently opposed to taking it down from the Statehouse Grounds because you feel like it is destroying your Southern Heritage except from the polar opposite view point.

If your Southern Heritage resides in a flag and not your heart, then you need to figure out what Southern Heritage and pride really are.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

If your Southern Heritage resides in a flag and not your heart, then you need to figure out what Southern Heritage and pride really are.
    Bravo!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Nope, I'm sure there are those who are stepping back and saying lets be reasonable about this, much the way there are those on this board who see it from their side. Most of them are like those of you who are vehemently opposed to taking it down from the Statehouse Grounds because you feel like it is destroying your Southern Heritage except from the polar opposite view point.

Amen

I am more opposed to the way it is being done and all of the stupidity that is following it.

Justin I think you struck a nerve.

I think his jaw is still sore from yesterday's hook up.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Because of its use by opponents of civil rights and desegregation, the Klan, white power groups, and other crazies...
    The assholes you're talking about here were all democrats. All of em. You know, the true racist fuckheads, like Hollings and that other scumbag, Strom Thurman. Ironic isn't it, that the OTHER assholes who want it down (now) are democrats, too.

So, the moral of the story, gentlemen, is that democrats have none.

Salty, you're a fucking idiot.

When good people do not stand up, this is what ends up representing us. And it's on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    Because of its use by opponents of civil rights and desegregation, the Klan, white power groups, and other crazies
    That's my point Mo...The American Flag and Cross where used by the very same people the very same way.

But not successful.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHERN WOODS View Post
    I am more opposed to the way it is being done and all of the stupidity that is following it.
    I feel the same way. Take the damn flag, but the way its been steam rolled down our throats whether we like it or not is what pisses me off. Our amazing representatives and governor have caved to outside influence instead of handling this with the citizens of SC best interest. This is a political move nothing else and the ones making the decision could care less about either side.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Somebody needs to slip up and snatch the hoods off those cowards!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Please don't dirty the name redneck by associating it with those hatemonger white trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

X2 with everything fish said.

I felt this way last week, basically that it needed to come down and my heritage would not be effected by the flag being removed from the SH grounds.
    But in light of the recent chain of events involving the flag in general terms, they can all kiss my ass!
    What is happening across the country is nothing less than disgusting!
    Y'all have a great 4th...........out!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 06-30-2015 at 02:12 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

And you think the battle flag is the only flag on the statehouse grounds that represents hate, racism, murder, oppression and perceived genocide? How about the Stars and Stripes with promoted slavery for far longer (and until 1865), and actually represents (not perceived) genocide? Are you prepared to give up every flag or symbol that has seen dark times?

Quote Originally Posted by buckfarmer View Post
    And you think the battle flag is the only flag on the statehouse grounds that represents hate, racism, murder, oppression and perceived genocide? How about the Stars and Stripes with promoted slavery for far longer (and until 1865), and actually represents (not perceived) genocide? Are you prepared to give up every flag or symbol that has seen dark times?

Nope, the Stars and Stripes is the flag of this country, our present country. It's had a tumultuous history. It's grown and changed over the years but it's the flag the covers this nation. Many have died under it, many have died for it and what it represents. The difference is that the US flag has evolved in its connotation over the years, the Confederate flag has been bastardized from it's original intent. Many display it proudly, many hide behind it and the freedom it represents. The history of this nation isn't perfect, none are.

Most sane people aren't looking to remove the US flag from the Statehouse grounds or the State flag. You can continue to beat the dead horse or flag, it's not going to change the outcome.