Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shaker duck call

I beleive I can make any hen sound on a regular duck call with much less movement than shaking a set of training wheels in a duck blind. Your mileage may vary. By the way I don't have a corn pond nor do I measure my duck hunting ability by those who do.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

Ziggy, that is the one I have. I have the Cocobola. Awesome sound and easy to blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

If you are a beginer to callin, try out the haydel dr-85, very cheap, will call ducks, can get soft and moderately loud. A great place to start. Another alternative is a relatively new call that Mark (Swampthing Mallard Calls) has. Its a little poly insert with wood barrel, double read, sounds nice and ducky has a good volume range. If you get a chance try out any of these calls that you are thinking about/ have been suggested by others. Everybody talks differently and has a different sound that goes into the calls and therefore different strokes for different folks. You got time before the season starts up again. Try a few out first. I've blown just about every thing out there and one echo dosent always sound the same as another, same for rnt and swampthing, the list goes on and on. If you want to go all out and get a custome call, swampthing is a pretty good choice, because he is right here in SC and is always willing to help get a better fit on your call if necessary.

so many choices, i thought choosing a duck call was simple [img]tongue.gif[/img]

clemsonqwacker-for my first call im not looking for anything terribly expensive. i believe that ill take yalls advice and try some different calls, b/c i do have a while before the season starts up. those swamp-thing calls do look nice though.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.