Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: When did TIPS become REQUIREMENTS?

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I never said each and every person who provides bad service deserves an explanation. Sometimes you can tell its not worth your time to say shit. If they have a piss poor attitude from the start and are sitting in the corner texting while I sit there waiting on my drink order....it's a lost cause usually. Leave a buck or nothing at all and move on. But from some of these post it's pretty obvious that some guys are just a bunch of cheap fucks who look for any reason they can to try and talk themselves into thinking it was ok leaving a shitty tip. And I guarantee half of those things could have been fixed or the customer left satisfied if the customer just spoke up from the start.

Perfect example...Bobby the Clemson fan walks into his favorite Sumter Olive Garden on a Friday night looking to treat his old lady to a delicious meal of endless bread sticks and salad. Bobby asks for a side of ranch with his salad. The server brings them their salads along with a side of ranch. He then asks if he can get them anything else at the moment, to which Bobby replies "naw were good". The server leaves. But after a moment Bobby realizes he wants another 3 cups of ranch to dump all over his salad because the standard cup of dressing wasn't enough for him. He sees the waiter running around taking drink orders on a busy Friday night and decides its not worth waiting for more ranch dressing. I'll just eat my breadsticks and say to hell with the salad. At the end of the meal Bobby decides this guy doesn't deserve 15% he didn't bring me the 4 extra ranch cups that I like on my salad to start. I'll just leave him $2 on $45 tab because that's all the change I have in my wallet anyway, and that guy should learn to bring people more salad dressing so they don't have to ask for more. What's your take....???
    Oh, I'm sure there are cheap asses out there looking for any reason to not leave a tip.

Doubtful that the majority of folks on this site fall into that category though.

I never said each and every person who provides bad service deserves an explanation. Sometimes you can tell its not worth your time to say shit. If they have a piss poor attitude from the start and are sitting in the corner texting while I sit there waiting on my drink order....it's a lost cause usually. Leave a buck or nothing at all and move on. But from some of these post it's pretty obvious that some guys are just a bunch of cheap fucks who look for any reason they can to try and talk themselves into thinking it was ok leaving a shitty tip. And I guarantee half of those things could have been fixed or the customer left satisfied if the customer just spoke up from the start.

Perfect example...Bobby the Clemson fan walks into his favorite Sumter Olive Garden on a Friday night looking to treat his old lady to a delicious meal of endless bread sticks and salad. Bobby asks for a side of ranch with his salad. The server brings them their salads along with a side of ranch. He then asks if he can get them anything else at the moment, to which Bobby replies "naw were good". The server leaves. But after a moment Bobby realizes he wants another 3 cups of ranch to dump all over his salad because the standard cup of dressing wasn't enough for him. He sees the waiter running around taking drink orders on a busy Friday night and decides its not worth waiting for more ranch dressing. I'll just eat my breadsticks and say to hell with the salad. At the end of the meal Bobby decides this guy doesn't deserve 15% he didn't bring me the 4 extra ranch cups that I like on my salad to start. I'll just leave him $2 on $45 tab because that's all the change I have in my wallet anyway, and that guy should learn to bring people more salad dressing so they don't have to ask for more. What's your take....???
    My take is, as bad as your feelings are hurt, you must be a horrible server and get small tips.

So you leave Bobby alone after he says he's good just once, or do you come check back on him in 15 minutes, just because you're interested in providing a decent level of service - just in case, you know, Bobby realized that one cup of French dressin' ain't gonna cut it?

And that's right - it's French, not Ranch - 'cause Bobby would make a MUCH better chicken.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    daaaaaaamn. this went over board didnt it?

tip a waiter/waitress based on the level of service you recieved. period.

i cant believe one of the funniest post that i have read on scducks this year got thrown to the side........

glenda made a funny about 4 pages back. am i the only one that laughed out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You orta see 'em at the Cracker Barrel. All hopped up on that bread and sugar. Sweatin' into their plates. "Whar's muh teeee?!"

That was pretty good.

Ricky Bobby?

It only took 9 pages, but it eventually got to a coots vs kittens discussion.....go figure
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    My take is, as bad as your feelings are hurt, you must be a horrible server and get small tips.
    Been 9 years since I had to wait tables. But seeing as how I put myself through college and bought a car doing it. I would say I was ok at it. Must have been all that profiling I did.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C6nvNlVx1A[/ame]
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Been 9 years since I had to wait tables. But seeing as how I put myself through college and bought a car doing it. I would say I was ok at it. Must have been all that profiling I did.
    If you profile at my job, you go to jail.

Well hell it does sound like a pretty good gig when you account for an automatic 10% of every bill going in your pocket even when you decide to perform like a sorry sack of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Well hell it does sound like a pretty good gig when you account for an automatic 10% of every bill going in your pocket even when you decide to perform like a sorry sack of shit.
    Pretty generous of you to guarantee 10% no matter how bad the service sucks...

I take it you have never worked for tips. Every persons attitude and mood may be the reason for bad service. I have a friend of mine who I will not eat out with ever again. I always got rotten service when I went out with him, I agree that the tip is based on service and quality of food. You should always leave at least a small tip. It lets them know you did not like the service or food.

I'm printing this thread out & giving it to my servers as a training tool - lots of good perspective here along w/ the nonsense.

I'm local...hell i'll come give em a face to face tutorial for only a few drinks...

I want my A1 and sweet tea woman. I hope you realize you're only getting a dollar, shit that's more than I gave the girl at Leo's.

Hey, I wanted a lemon and a packet of splenda with my water.

I said well done, the way it's supposed to be cooked. And I want ketchup, one of those little tubs.

I'm not taking off my hat.

Would you like some woostershire?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I said well done, the way it's supposed to be cooked. And I want ketchup, one of those little tubs.
    This year I'm serving all kid meals on frisbees along with the mini tubs of ketchup