Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever heard of this...

Default Ever heard of this...

A friend of mine has a dove field and GW's showed up and everyone was legal, but they ended up writing a fine for "preparing a field for baiting". So does that mean if I buy a 12 pack from the gas station and get in my truck then I am preparing for a DUI. And just to add they found no bait and the fine was over $400.

Had they disked or cut anything with in the 10 or 14 day period leading up to that day?

yea i have heard of it, how did they prep their field? did they put out bait, and disk it in inside the 10 day window?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Not sure

You are not allowed to manipulate (cut or disk) the feild within 10 days. Here are all the rules.
    http://www.dnr.sc.gov/pubs/doveguide.pdf

I do not think they did but I will try to fid out

I believe you can disk or cut within the 10 days or even the day of if you want to. You just can't plant or top sow any seed. Will ask a GW tomorrow when I see him to clarify, but I am pretty sure thats what he told me several weeks ago.

You are not allowed to cut, disc, ect for ten days after all "bait" has been removed. So as to expose any bait that may have been settled in. The 10 day rule does not apply to normal agricultural practices. Interpretation is the key. Check with the Clemson Extension for normal agricultural practice guidelines.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

"In freshly plowed or disked fields, be suspicious. This
    may be a field affected by the 10 Day Rule. That is, bait
    was placed in the field , the bait was removed, and then
    the field was plowed. The field is still not legal until 10
    days after removal of all bait"

Im pretty sure as long as nothing was added to the field, you can manipulate (disk or cut) a field anytime you want.
    Last edited by CUbowhunter; 09-06-2011 at 08:02 PM.

The field was planted in millet, sesame, and sorghum.

No bait was placed in the field other than what came off the crops.

Something sounds fishy. That ticket isn't written w/o evidence of activity within 10 days of the citation. Sounds to me like some seed added then plowed under.....just a guess. Let us know how it goes, id be curious to know the whole story from the court.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

I also hunt these fields but I was working so I missed this hunt I can say there was no bait that I know of but I do not know exactly what all happened.

There was a disced line to control burning but I don't think that is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by A Gaskins Boy View Post
    There was a disced line to control burning but I don't think that is illegal.
    A disced line is fine, as long as no bait has been added to the field.

the boys down that way, dont write for nothing, i belive something was not right, trust me. they do not just walk and write they look the field in question for a while they where problay tipped to something by someone or they noticed while it was going on prior

It sucks "discretion of the wildlife officer" It may cost some money but I would call my lawyer. I think you could beat it.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

"preparing a field for baiting"
    That just sounds crazy to me. If it hadn't been baited then no crime was committed. I mean come on, how can they fine someone that hasn't done anything illegal. That's like a pre-crime ticket. There's no way they know whether the crime will ever be committed. I'm having trouble getting my head around this one.

Something ain't right with that.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Same thing happened to the field we hunt last year. GW said they came in within the ten days and found some seed in the road going down by the field, but they said the field was legal. They wrote the guys who ran the field a ticket for that and let us hunt. I know the GW's that came in and they were very nice about it. We had about 10 to fifteen kids with us and they took and gave them some neat little stuff and left. The guy that got the ticket was a little sore about it but said the GW said he could have shut the field down but didn't because they were all impressed with all the youth we had. The guys learned a lesson and this year didn't have any problems of course we had no birds either. I spoke with a GW this afternoon and she told me they ran into alot of baited fields this time, i guess with it being so dry people just wanted to keep their birds at home.
    Poverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another"

Quote Originally Posted by btduckcall View Post
    the boys down that way, dont write for nothing,r
    ^^^This^^^

A Gaskins Boy.

We're fortunate to have some great LEO's in our area. If you really want to know why/what happened, call DNR and ask to have one of the local LEO's call you back. They will go out of their way to make sure you understand the law exactly....

Charleston LEO office: 843-953-9307
    Quote Originally Posted by Edisto View Post
    We have a plan in place for Armageddon . That is part of the Premium Membership.