Thread: Female lab question

This is my first female. She is now 4 1/2 months old. At what age should I be expection her to come into heat the first time. Just want to make sure I have her own kennel finished in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

anywhere between 6 and 9 months. THere really is no concrete age for that, but it'll be here and you will running out to the Pet store for a pair o'canine undies! Good luck!!.. and keep that dog out of the field and away from non-neutered male dogs while she's raggin'. You'll be fine
    At least I'm housebroken.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Don't laugh, I got this from my grandpa, but...

We used to put mayo on our pointer bitche's biscuits when they were in heat and we hunted them with male dogs. Seemed to work, they'll lick it off after a while and you have to re-apply it.

But when my labs were in season I just kept a close eye on them. You aren't usually working a lab with several other dogs as you would a pointer.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."