Thread: Ducks Unlimited Banquet???

Default Ducks Unlimited Banquet???

I am thinking about going to the DU banquet in Charleston in February with my girlfriend. Has anyone gone to these events and can et me know what it is like? I have never been to one and really know nothing about them. I have heard they give away guns, dogs, pictures, and other things. Is this stuff true? Also what is the dress code for these events?

Any info would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by jgdavis123 View Post
    I have heard they give away guns, dogs, pictures, and other things. Is this stuff true?
    No...They have auctions for them or you usually buy raffle tickets, but everything has a pretty nice pricetag with it. Not really sure about if there is an actual "dresscode" but I have always just worn khakis and a button up shirt, but I have seen people in jeans and t-shirts too...so I dont think it really matters.

On a side note.....the ticket to get you in the door also gets you more than enough alcohol to drink, so thats a plus...

they are great , you both will have a good time. there are some going on before that one. maybe where you live now

for a du event , most people dress nice.A raffle book will cost you around $100. goose bands and single guns raffles and mail box raffles go for $20. food and drink come with your ticket. Du bq's are a blast, shake a lot of hands. IF you need any info shoot me a pm....
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

I've been going to this one for the past 8 years. It has been getting more and more popular and expensive the last 5 years though. I believe tickets are now $60 a person in advance and $75 at the door. A ton of people show up since it is tied into the SE Wildlife Expo. Don't plan on winning anything unless you bring a ton of cash since there are some big spenders there. Food and drinks are included with the ticket (Open Bar!) as well as a one year membership to DU. Overall it is a good time so invite all your friends. Dress is not that formal since it is in the Visitor Center Bus Shed and is outside, so dress warm since it is usually a little cold.

Standing room only last year and at 120 a couple for oysters and such. Plus trying to find a room that weekend (Valentine's Weekend) in Charleston. GOOD LUCK you will drop some serious coinage, but hey if it gets you some booty then whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Word to the wise, your ribs are gonna hurt a little from getting elbows from your girlfriend. You get your raffle tickets from scantily clad hookers. Your eyes will wonder, I guarantee it.