Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might try Bulls Bay Sunday...

Default Might try Bulls Bay Sunday...

Never been. Any words from the wise. Gonna try the shrimp, but will prolly end up doing more riding than shrimping. Whats the best landing to launch from?

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

aw hell. He's not cyberscouting, just looking for a decent landing. Give em a break.
    Duck hunters are fools, all of us. -Mergie Master

Either Buck Hall or Garris.

Buck Hall has 3 lanes, nice floating docks, restrooms, and plenty of parking....but you gotta pay a couple of bucks. It is north though. Can shrimp white banks.

Garris-the gate is locked at night and can get tricky at low tide.

Good stuff Reel thanks.

I've shrimped in Beafort and around the rivers feeding the harbor and beyond. But never Bulls.

Just wanted to take the wife out on the boat Sunday since the weather is looking to be cooperative for that. Just figured I'd go somewhere I've never been, and try for some shrimp during dayligt hours, which is something I've had the pleasure of.

Any oyster beds or sand bars of any significance I should be aware of?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

all of bulls bay is a shoal. don't go anywhere on a falling tide unless you know the depth. use buck hall. it's more crowded but it's a better landing. the bass are eating it up now and the trout too. fish the bay shore on a flood tide fer a BIG bass.
    easy livin'

Tide will be perfect too. Rising when I'll be coming on the water, hi tide about 5pm.

Thanks again! I'll have to bring some rods too.

Excuse the ignorance, but I've never caught a red in my life. What type of lures we talking here?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shrimp or finger mullet

I don't know an inshore species that can turn down gold flaked, weightless doa shrimp, or gulp shrimp.
    Work it around the oyster rakes.
    You should catch a few bass and maybe flounder.

If you have a net, use live shrimp or finger mullet under a cork.
    If you don't get a bite within 15 minutes of working the area......move on.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

WW I'll be there prolly going to BH landing. first light on Sunday, might see ya there--going for the shrimpies
    Last edited by beanhunter; 10-15-2010 at 07:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Bean, we might see ya there, but it won't be at first light. Got church first thing, it'll be after that. Like I said, I've always done my shrimping over bait after dark. We "throw in the holes" during the day. Figured I'd try my hand at this shrimping in the daylight. I'm really just looking for an excuse to get out on the water with the sun out and all.

Is first light best for 'em out there? Or is it an anytime thing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

we were gonna hit it in the am tomorrow but wind is supposed to kick back up in the am so we are holding off till Sunday..this will be my first time going this season but, my buddy and his dad(who I'm going with) have been doing real well so far..we'll see how it goes
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I don't know an inshore species that can turn down gold flaked, weightless doa shrimp, or gulp shrimp.
    Work it around the oyster rakes.
    You should catch a few bass and maybe flounder.
    I have an Abu Garcia that's all over it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did you make it to Bulls Bay today? Along with the 100 other boats? We were set up by 10. Slow as hell to start. Friend beside us limited out in 2 hours. Took us till 3. Started catching them on 2 poles around 1. Big uns though. 10-15 count, headed.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

No fellas I did not make it. The wife and were up late watching football. We slept in too late for early service, then got to doing some of the many tasks that need doing around the house. All the stuff we meant to do on Saturday, but didn't get around to.

I hate working on Sunday. Not to mention God does too!

Gonna have to get at 'em again very soon.

Many folks all the way from Beaufort up the coast have been catching big ones this year. The one time I went didn't have many but they were BIG.
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-18-2010 at 08:57 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I always use Garris (Moores) Landing mainly because it's very safe leaving the car there since it's well patrolled. It's a straight shot to the ICWW from the landing, but like Reel Commotion said, you'll be spitting pluff mud at the lowest tides (usually 0s or less) but it's usually not much of a problem. I've got a GPS with blue charts, but getting to the bay can be tricky at low tide. Heck, the bay is tricky at low tide.

I'd really suggest getting a Garmin Oregon 400c if you can find one. It's got built-in coastal charts and can help keep you out of trouble.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post

I'd really suggest getting a Garmin Oregon 400c if you can find one.
    I know what I'm putting on the Christmas list!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I went to Bulls Bay Saturday. Got a full cooler.

That's pretty sweet! I love the sight. Bigguns too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by M2Field View Post
    I went to Bulls Bay Saturday. Got a full cooler.

1 more pass