Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lymphoma in dogs

I was reading this and was all happy to hear a good outcome and then got to the end. Real sorry brother, nothing easy about it.
    Genesis 9;2

Yep, very sorry to hear it. I have lost several Goldens to it.

Just went through the scare with my 10 year BLF. Initial diagnosis was infected mammary gland. Went to have it cut out, turns out is cancer. Weren't sure if they got it all but initial lymph node biopsy looks like no spreading so far. She was 5 days away from getting stitches out and she freaking chewed them or ripped them open and basically got to have surgery all over again. Never had her wear the cone the first week and she never attempted chewing the suture. What I get for trusting her I guess. Sorry to hear about your dog.

Back at the vet today for another checkup. WBC count is back to normal, however platelet count is severely low. Doc is scared that may cause internal bleeding. Not looking good at all for us. Keep praying for the wife, as she is having a super hard time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Rreally sorry to hear that news, billbuster84.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

We lost miss Bella a little over a week ago. I was really surprised that my wife was ready to start again with a puppy. We are back in the saddle. I would've never thought I'd spend this kind of money on a lap dog, but the look on my wife's face today, was worth every red penny. Meet Miss Lola.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Congrats! No doubt that puppy breaths will make a big difference, and in due time Miss Lola will make her own memories and not be a replacement.

Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'