Thread: Airlines and dogs new policy

Default Airlines and dogs new policy

Delta and America airlines are saying no dogs as of March. Trying to book flights and striking out. Who will carry them still?
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

This is to Calgary
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls

Have not heard that. My hunting parnter has a new puppy arriving via Delta tomorrow night. Airlines have always been picky about actually when they will transport dogs. Temperatures on the ground for each end of the flight had to be within an acceptable window. Not too hot and not too cold.

TB

Delta will still ship them but they have to go through the cargo terminal from what I read. The time I've shipped dogs, the folks at the cargo terminal are more professional than the regular baggage muggers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    Delta will still ship them but they have to go through the cargo terminal from what I read. The time I've shipped dogs, the folks at the cargo terminal are more professional than the regular baggage muggers.

This. You used to be able to check the dog at the counter as baggage. They now have to go through cargo. Call delta and speak with them direct.

Just say its an anxiety dog and it can ride in your lap for free. Saw this first hand yesterday....

Yeap. The kid with the dog was early 20's.

Delete this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    This. You used to be able to check the dog at the counter as baggage. They now have to go through cargo. Call delta and speak with them direct.
    Talked direct to them(delta). They said no go and refunded money for tickets already purchased.

Sw why delete?
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

No go even if they are "therapy dogs". They shouldn't argue with a doctor's orders.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm hearing all sorts of therapy, service, seizure detecting dogs. We have three dogs we take to canada to hunt. Just want an airline that lets them fly. I guess we could hypothetically register these "service " dogs but is that even necessary. Look kind of suspect three service dogs with four hunters and guns. I just don't want to drive just to get the dogs there.
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

There is specific training/certification and paperwork that must accompany a service dog. One of our group has said designation and has flown in the cabin. We have always flown the other dogs but as of a phone call yesterday we received the same information as above. All dogs must go through the new pet program and that new program does not go into Canada. Having looked in the past into shipping the dog as cargo (checked one year when all dog space was taken on our flight) there is no way whatsoever that I would do that with my dog. When the dog flew in the belly of the plane I was able to watch the dog get loaded before boarding AND they came to my seat to assure me the dog was on the plane. Same procedure with connecting flight. No such reassurance with shipping the dog.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

A real service dog in the cabin for a disabled or blind person like a lab or German Shepard ok. All these fucking morons with these shit eater lap dogs in their pocketbooks make me want to ring a motherfuckers neck!!
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

When you ship them as cargo, there are strict weather limits for both ends of the flight and any connecting flight. If it's too hot or too cold, they won't do it because of the danger of a pet getting left on a hot or cold tarmac.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Yeap. The kid with the dog was early 20's.

There is so much wrong with this picture, starting with this choice of dog and ending with those man sandals. What is wrong with flyers these days. Also if you think it is going away, google all of the anxiety animals that being let on planes these days, not just dogs. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    A real service dog in the cabin for a disabled or blind person like a lab or German Shepard ok. All these fucking morons with these shit eater lap dogs in their pocketbooks make me want to ring a motherfuckers neck!!

You need a snickers.

We all get off our arses and work to get ducks back to SC you won't have to worry about shipping Drake, Queen, Ruger, Santee,Winchester, Lizzy, Barbor or Fluffy to Canada or otherwise. Kabizzle Boooom
    Genesis 9;2