Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimalism

Check out Mr Money Mustache if you serious. They some rich folks living minimalist.

Quote Originally Posted by HARV View Post
    I need more stuff, I don't have near enough.I can never find the tool I need so I go buy another one.I should build another barn to fill up.I figger on having the rez's biggest "dead guy's shit auction" ever!
    If I was around for it I'd likely be the most successful bidder. I love stuff , I think I'm maximalistic.
    I need two barns for all my stuff. I get it honest though. My parents never throw anything away.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I hear ya I'm on the second one needin 1 more , not including the stuff I got across the road at the neighbor's barn and garage! I could never move out,it would take too long.
    Last edited by HARV; 02-08-2016 at 12:02 PM.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    I think some of y'all are a little confused on the whole depreciable assets as investments thing.
    this
    Last edited by everlast; 02-08-2016 at 12:26 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

I've been doing this since about mid October. I miss some of my shit. I mean it's fun and all, except for this damn rain, it's like a hippie family of five camping trip.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 02-08-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Actually the only thing I miss is room. I mean when we talk about minimalism what are we talking about doing away with? I'm not a trinket collector. But I like my guns, fishing gear, boats, some tools, and clothes, basically that's all I have, well money. I don't see myself wanting to paddle anything, and everything else I use a fair amount.

Minimalism isn't about not having stuff, it is simply only having stuff that brings consistent value. Basically, if you don't use it and it doesn't serve a purpose get rid of it, and limit the consumption of new products until the one that it will replace has outlived its ability.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 02-08-2016 at 04:47 PM.

Well, I do that.

I dejunked this summer before moving to Utah, it was an awesome feeling.

.....and then I had to buy new gear, spotting scope, a layout boat, 2 mountain bikes, a heavier fly rod, skis and boots. It's a damn money pit state.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I dejunked this summer before moving to Utah, it was an awesome feeling.

.....and then I had to buy new gear, spotting scope, a layout boat, 2 mountain bikes, a heavier fly rod, skis and boots. It's a damn money pit state.
    How's salt lake?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Great so far.