Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkey season 2015

Well done buddy.....well done indeed!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

The pic with Ian is real cool. Damn at the time you spend in the woods. Unreal man!

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Man o man. That is a couple of levels above a good season.
    I'd like to hear two stories.
    1. The turkey with the tail feathers blown off. Shooter is holding what looks like the last two feathers.
    2. The black bear.

Thanks Jenks. Our hunt on the 17th is what got the ball rolling. That was a great bird in a pretty spot.

The feathers are just par for the course for Bad Luck Brett. We were struggling out west, and had to hunt turkeys in unconventional ways. Brett failed to make a clean initial kill and after some running and shooting, was attempting to reduce the bird to possession. He has heard to step on them, he just stepped on the wrong end.

Ian took the bear pic last week. We saw a few of them in the country we were hunting. They were much less dangerous than the hillbilly's.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Hell of a season!
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

A season to remember for sure. Very nice.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

How many did you see die?

Pretty work as always Boozer.
    TFC -"Be tough, or get tough!"

The population was reduced drastically by you fellas this season. Love the pics.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Way to knock em down only in my dreams could I ever wish to kill that many turkeys in a season.

Awesome season.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Great season Booz. Strong as I've seen in some time!
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Excellent work
    rip Dakota

Hell of a year man. Congrats
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Congrats, Awesome...Dont really know what to say....

Congrats dude, you had an awesome season as usual. I don't know how but they look like they get better each year.

I almost forgot how mad I was that turkey season was over until I looked at this thread, now I remember just how mad I am that it over.

I should have bought stock in the 101 a few years ago. It seems to be the post party beverage of choice!

Helluva ride....golf clap!!

Very nice.

Livin life there.

That's good stuff.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I have only kept a "journal" one year (2012). I wish I had the discipline. But, I do jot down notes on a pad and keep it in my desk, even though I rarely visit my desk during turkey season.

My notes from 2014 say that I only sat down on 3 gobbling easterns on the roost that I felt I was in the game with. In 2015 I can't remember but 2 or 3 mornings that I didn't have a dancing partner. Another oddity this year was the mid morning unprompted gobble. I can remember at least 3 cases where a bird gobbled on his own and gobbled enough for us to get positioned where we needed to be prior to making a call. Anyone can bat a high percentage on those. We certainly did.

All I ask out of a turkey hunt is to feel like I'm engaged. I was engaged more this year than I can ever remember. It was as much fun as I may ever have during a spring.

So, another thing that yall may find funny is that I come completely and utterly unglued when I'm working birds close (I hope this never changes). I will shake like I'm freezing, tap on a pot call like I'm using morse code, and mumble/whisper to my partner and get pissed when they can't decipher this language. To combat this, I sing songs in my head. It helps a little. My standard go to is "The Man" by Aloe Black. Some past favorites are "the way you move" by Outkast and "Breathe" by Anna Nalick. This year, out of nowhere, "Pencil Thin Mustache" made an appearance. Hey, ride her til she throws you right? I also, if I remember, video the flopping birds as I walk up to them. Enjoy (sorry for the language in the cutover. I really wanted that one)

Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Fuck yeah!!! The day I quit doing the "paint mixer" with my legs - I quit.

Great season Michael. Next year - we best share a tree. I'm counting on it.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.