Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boat question...

I don't think there is a such thing as a family friendly center console...they look good...and can fish. Deck boats are much better for family, cc's pick up more woman. Well center consoles are kinda like guitars...girls were the reason I got both.

Ok...so outboard it is. Now to figure out the boat part. Thanks.
    So, y'all don't think that the 18ft Hurricane Deck boat that was posted from craigslist will pull two tubes at the same time with that 115 Yamaha??
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    So, y'all don't think that the 18ft Hurricane Deck boat that was posted from craigslist will pull two tubes at the same time with that 115 Yamaha??

Get a CC with forward seating or a bay boat in this area. 1) way more versatile for the water options you have around. 2) Running in MI is ok but a deck boat outside the jetties unless it is calm is not a great idea. 3) You can add a tow bar and pull tubes/skiers yet still have a boat you can fish out of. 4) Resale, you can get rid of a CC here a lot easier than you can a deck boat. 5) You won't be mistaken for somebody from Ohio, even if you are.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Thanks, but that one is too old, too big, and too expensive.

It can, but depends on size of tubes and weight in them.

18 ft hurricane with 115 is adequate, but I would prefer little more HP on the back

Was on a hurricane 237 yesterday 4 adults 4 kids with plenty of room for more. They are great family fun cruising boats that can pull all the wakeboards, kneeboards and skis you want. I have a cc and the deck boats are more family friendly IMO

Are the stern-drive boats really that bad?? The type boats that I'm looking at are a lot more popular with stern-drive 3.0s, 4.3s, and 5.0s.
    By the way, I am also really looking into the Hurricane Deck boats also.

The maintenance is where it gets ya with stern drives. Some things like boots and bellows, gimbal bearing, yearly winterizations, and other things go along with stern drives and have nothing to do with outboards... and to me a stern drive is not nearly as saltwater tolerant as an outboard. That being said, The majority of people that get out on the water for recreation have a bowrider with a inboard in it, and all those inboards sure have kept the boat repair shops in business.

Point taken...thanks.

Hurricane, Tahoe, and Bennington all have really good deck boats. Don't just focus on one.

Forget a 3.0 or really even a 4.3 stern drive. Listen to everyone on here. If you truly will spend a lot of time in charleston harbor or winyah bay and outside the jetties get a center or dual console. If not get a deck boat. But get an outboard. Change plugs every so often foot oil and water pump at least every two years and you'll be fine. Also you can trim an outboard completely out of the water. This makes pulling up on sandbar or beach easier.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

20' Dual console with a 225

I do not want a deckboat. That is just a pontoon with a different bottom. I want a faster, more agile boat.
    But yes, Sandy Island will be a frequent destination.

I had a Hurricane Deck boat with a 200 hp Yamaha and that thing would absolutely fly. Handled the water good to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by britton40 View Post
    20' Dual console with a 225
    Yep, we got that package back in 1988 and still run it everyday. Do alot of things with it
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Well, since y'all got me looking at deckboats, that's what we've decided to get. I did not want a huge one, so we decided on a Hurricane 188 with a 150 4stroke Yamaha. Might get to pick it up today, we'll see.

Do yourself a BIG favor and stay away from a sterndrive. They are THE hole in the water you throw money into. Find a 115-150 Yammy 4 stroke, and the boat of your flavor. You'll be money ahead.
    My best friend has a 19' Sea Pro CC Bay boat. He can carry 8 people comfortably, and cruise all day on $20.00 gas with that damn Yammy 4 stroke!

See post above yours ^^^

I can't speak to anything but a walk-around but I was really surprised how versatile a WA with a bench up front, twin captain chairs and seating in the back. Plus, of course, the seating in the cabin. These boats are fishable, fun for cruising, a place to huddle if the weather gets nasty, and good for towing/skiing if you don't try to take a dozen people. My son and I even camped out on the WA and slept in the cabin.

I would think a deck boat would be fun a few days each year, but there are 360 other days.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.