Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stupid rednecks to protest at Statehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Nope, the Stars and Stripes is the flag of this country, our present country. It's had a tumultuous history. It's grown and changed over the years but it's the flag the covers this nation. Many have died under it, many have died for it and what it represents. The difference is that the US flag has evolved in its connotation over the years, the Confederate flag has been bastardized from it's original intent. Many display it proudly, many hide behind it and the freedom it represents. The history of this nation isn't perfect, none are.

Most sane people aren't looking to remove the US flag from the Statehouse grounds or the State flag. You can continue to beat the dead horse or flag, it's not going to change the outcome.
    If we were dealing with sane people then I would agree with you.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

"So you wasted a lot of money on a degree you cant use...good job!"

No I reinvented my career at 37 and used my education to recreate a sales program and help sponsor job creation here in Columbia and across the country. What have you accomplished in the last couple of years asshat GA fan? Cured cancer, filled the ozone hole or just make stupid comments on a message board.

black guys burning the US Flag two weeks ago
    https://www.facebook.com/83412032995...8/?pnref=story

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGuy View Post
    "So you wasted a lot of money on a degree you cant use...good job!"

No I reinvented my career at 37 and used my education to recreate a sales program and help sponsor job creation here in Columbia and across the country. What have you accomplished in the last couple of years asshat GA fan? Cured cancer, filled the ozone hole or just make stupid comments on a message board.
    Calm down I was joking. I knew I could get a rise out of you because you came off so self important waving your degree around. I have a degree so relax. I am not as impressed by them as I was when I went back to college at 43. Unless it is in some type of medical, science, math or other subject that is not subjective, you can be a dip shit and get a degree. I have seen it happen . If I am going to hire some one, college is pretty low on my list of things to look for. To many guys with a degree feel like they are owed something. As long as your paying your loans back and not sticking the tax payer I really do not give a shit what you spend your money on.
    Seriously though I am glad you are helping to produce jobs. That is actually something to brag on. As for what I have done, I am ok with any comparison you want to make. I have filled some holes and given people cancer, does that count?

After they get the flags, they will go after the monuments...

Happening here in AL now...
    And they are asking the Sons & Daughters of Confederate Veterans to pay for it!

These "compromises" we make with the ignorant are more like self-selecting for ethnic cleansing.

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -

The Birmingham Parks and Recreation Board has taken the first step to remove a Confederate monument from Linn Park.

The board voted to remove the monument during a meeting on Wednesday.

Members also agreed to get the city's legal deparmtent to research any legal impediment in moving the monument.

The monument was placed in Linn Park in 1905 by the Pelham Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.

That group does not exist any more, so the board said it will contact five other chapters in Birmingham to see if they will assume the cost and responsibility of moving the monument.

Board member and former Birmingham mayor Bernard Kincaid said he wants to be respectful of history, but in light of the church shootings in Charleston, South Carolina he does not believe a Confederate monument should be in a city park in Birmingham.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 07-01-2015 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    After they get the flags, they will go after the monuments...

Happening here in AL now...
    And they are asking the Sons & Daughters of Confederate Veterans to pay for it!

These "compromises" we make with the ignorant are more like self-selecting for ethnic cleansing.

BIRMINGHAM, AL (WBRC) -

The Birmingham Parks and Recreation Board has taken the first step to remove a Confederate monument from Linn Park.

The board voted to remove the monument during a meeting on Wednesday.

Members also agreed to get the city's legal deparmtent to research any legal impediment in moving the monument.

The monument was placed in Linn Park in 1905 by the Pelham Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.

That group does not exist any more, so the board said it will contact five other chapters in Birmingham to see if they will assume the cost and responsibility of moving the monument.

Board member and former Birmingham mayor Bernard Kincaid said he wants to be respectful of history, but in light of the church shootings in Charleston, South Carolina he does not believe a Confederate monument should be in a city park in Birmingham.

It's not going to stop boys..............

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    It's not going to stop boys..............

Nope. Everybody will see how "progressive" those folks were in the historically racist Birmingham, and quickly follow suit.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton