Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Want to go faster

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Literally word for word what he said. Ask wetreed. He has owned the same hull with both motors.

Curious, how much faster was the merc

I'm really not sure how many different fucking ways I can say ask wetreed
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I don't own one. Going fast in a Jon boat is for pheasants.
    Damn pheasants

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 09-26-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Y'all are great! I didn't anticipate 4 pages worth of thread on my topic.

In more recent news, I went to hook up a borrowed tiny tach over the weekend and the dang thing had a dead battery. More to come.

Carry on...

Well that's unfortunate
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post

According to the prop calculator, you'd need to spin a 21 pitch prop at at about 5600 rpms to see 50 mph (assuming little prop slip). I think WOT is 5500 for that 90 two stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    I think WOT is 5500 for that 90 two stroke.
    In theory, the two stroke will make more power at higher rpm, so sometimes a lower pitch at a higher rpm will result in a faster speed.

Run that thing up over 6000 rpm if you want to, it won't hurt it.

Last edited by willyworm; 09-30-2016 at 05:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Lower pitch at a higher rpm will normally be faster. Pretty sure that what dingle dick was trying to say early regarding gear ratio. He was just to dumb to get it out
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Here is the truth from someone who has a pad haul 17'(Xpress X-54) boat that had a 90hp Yamaha before upgrading to a 115hp Yamaha.
    Ran 17 pitch-20ptich various props on 7" Ez-lift plate. The fastest was 19 Stiletto/20 Laser II at 3-3/4" above pad both ran 46 MPH at 6000 RPM. I turned the piss out of 17" powertech (6300rpm) and it ran 45 MPH. It had more trim but not f-ing my stuff for the sake of speed.
    You do not have enough horsepower to really make that boat run with a gear reduction of 2.0.

If you want to make that boat go over 50 sell the 90 yamaha and buy an SHO or an optimax. The time and money its going to take you to mod the yamaha you could be at 55 mph with a 90 Optimax and a jack plate. Or even faster with tuned 90 optimax. Or just throw a new Merc 115 pro xs on there with the CT lower unit and run bass boat props. Would probably run about 60.
    Last edited by WetReed; 10-03-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil-Cock View Post
    Here is the truth from someone who has a pad haul 17'(Xpress X-54) boat that had a 90hp Yamaha before upgrading to a 115hp Yamaha.
    Ran 17 pitch-20ptich various props on 7" Ez-lift plate. The fastest was 19 Stiletto/20 Laser II at 3-3/4" above pad both ran 46 MPH at 6000 RPM. I turned the piss out of 17" powertech (6300rpm) and it ran 45 MPH. It had more trim but not f-ing my stuff for the sake of speed.
    You do not have enough horsepower to really make that boat run with a gear reduction of 2.0.
    How fast does that 115 push that boat?

Lower pitch at a higher rpm will normally be faster. Pretty sure that what dingle dick was trying to say early regarding gear ratio. He was just to dumb to get it out
    I think you meant *too dumb*

I have a pretty sweet 115 Yammy that I can let go if you are interested....
    older 89 model I think. Low hours, but has been recently maintained and runs great.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
    I have a pretty sweet 115 Yammy that I can let go if you are interested....
    Slap a tiller on that bitch and roll out!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    How fast does that 115 push that boat?
    55 MPH 1/2 tank, and just my narrow ass. This is a bass boat 3 batteries, fishing shit and Bob's 8" PHydro plate on it so it's heavy.
    Last edited by Civil-Cock; 10-05-2016 at 07:47 PM.