Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walther Farms to draw from Edisto River

My back yard
    [img][/img}
    "It's a numbers game" - Mac Owen
    Endangered: Farmers, Watermen, and Rural Life

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    It is truly amazing all the NIMBY's we have in here. You will not see any fluctuation in river levels with center pivot irrigation, period. Damn you people are too far removed from the land to even make a reasoned argument...
    You and me both jabo.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Nothing thanks to a loosened law change in the past yr or so, except they must notify DEHEC with a proposed amount of withdrawal IIRC. DEHEC must approve those numbers. Here is where the issue is. The area DEHEC is using to gather flow information is 20+ miles down river where there are a number of large creeks and tributaries that feed in , thus creating larger flow numbers than up river near the property. Also, Aiken county is one of the few counties that does not require a 50 or 100 foot buffer left near any wetland. They are cutting right to the edge of the water . way in certain areas which is cause for concern with the run off contamination. Once again , I'm not against the farm. All I'm asking for is use the proper flow numbers concerning the withdrawal and address the runoff issue.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium. -

I prefer liberty with danger, to peace with slavery.

Might be a stupid question, but if this place is only employing ten people, what is it bringing to Aiken County or the state for that matter??

Quote Originally Posted by sc high tide View Post
    My back yard
    [img][/img}

Where's the river?

Now that is some tomatoes.

I would bet the Bay is pretty close by.
    cut\'em

I ain't got a dog in the fight, but I have seen the river pretty damn low and I'm amazed they can get those numbers during drought years.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Default While Yall were Bitching!

Its actually 11 people that will be hired. I emailed the President of the company about hunting rights. Somebody has to keep them deer out of the fields, right? Well he emailed me back and said they would hire me for 1.00 a year, that way I'm employed but I will be considered a contract worker. I will have no benefits, have to have carry liability insurance of 1 million dollars. He will be getting back to me with the details. Thanks SCDUCKS for bringing this to my attention.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Hey fellas let's say they do pump the river dry and still need water what do y'all think they will do? Move? No they will dig a well. It really amazes me how stupid people are when it comes to stuff that is outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but if this place is only employing ten people, what is it bringing to Aiken County or the state for that matter??

CPS will low ball every bid and although money for chemicals/spreading will be funneled through SC the money will make its way to Colorado, Canada etc to Corporate.

In a few words not a whole lot.

It has given some loggers/timber buyers business.
    Last edited by ProvidenceSwamper; 12-14-2013 at 11:26 AM.

Is that the CPS business model? I know of an individual that was doing some custom work over there.
    cut\'em