Thread: Palmetto Bug

Default Palmetto Bug

Thank you sir!

PB helped confirm my sons left eye dominance and let us send some lead down range this afternoon. I don't think we thought anything about having a new shooter at 40 yards with peep sites. I just thought he was pretty bad when my son looked at us and said, can we move closer? Light bulb!!! Duh. 25 yards was a good distance. He still missed some but actually hit a few. It was a good time for sure. Again, thanks PB. You made LR's day.

Last edited by reeltight; 02-01-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Awesome Pic...have my twin 6yr old girls shooting a Red Ryder at cans for now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

Good stuff! I got my son one of those last year and need to get him out shooting again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal! Keep him a lefty and he'll be ready for this one in no time. Savage will be his friend.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIGLY
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

You got ear plugs for him but where are the safety glasses?

Same goes for you. It won't matter which eye dominant he is if something were to happen to it.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    You got ear plugs for him but where are the safety glasses?

Same goes for you. It won't matter which eye dominant he is if something were to happen to it.
    I agree with you.

God knows the number of rounds fired off that old shooting bench! There have been a many memory made in the same spot y'all were standing. That piece of dirt holds a special place in my heart. Good on you dad. I hope when y'all left you had that warm feeling of knowing you just spent time with one of the most wonderful and inspirational men you could ever know-

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Good deal! Keep him a lefty and he'll be ready for this one in no time. Savage will be his friend.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/MARKIIGLY
    I got a LH 243 that he can borrow when the time is right! Got it for Eli but he still got some time before he tries it out.

Glad y'all got him right. What kind of feedback did you get from him? Seem a little easier for him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTom View Post
    God knows the number of rounds fired off that old shooting bench! There have been a many memory made in the same spot y'all were standing. That piece of dirt holds a special place in my heart. Good on you dad. I hope when y'all left you had that warm feeling of knowing you just spent time with one of the most wonderful and inspirational men you could ever know-
    When we left we had a great deal of appreciation for PB for letting us use his place (as I would for all of those who offered). I've only met PB once before and it was very brief. My time with him yesterday leaves me feeling that he is a one of a kind stand up guy. I think he enjoyed watching LR and his excitement about hitting the target as much as I did. Even when LR missed and we would tell him, LR had to run down and check the target anyway. For the most part, PB made the trip down with him every time.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Glad y'all got him right. What kind of feedback did you get from him? Seem a little easier for him?
    Not really sure. Didn't really question him too much. When we showed up, PB ran his own little test to confirm what I thought. Shot him left handed from the get go and it seemed pretty easy. About half way through, I put him in the right handed position and he immediately went to his left eye and I switch him back before he ever got comfortable. He will be a left handed shooter. No worries on my part. Just glad we caught it early.
    Last edited by reeltight; 02-02-2015 at 10:20 PM.