Thread: Missouri/Arkansas Guide Services

Default Missouri/Arkansas Guide Services

Just wondering if any of you fellas have any good references for a top notch guide service in Missouri/Arkansas? I am trying to take my father there this season since neither of us have ever been. Not to worried about price as much as I am quality of the service and the land. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5 oaks duck lodge
    Slick mccollums
    Riverchase farms is nice if they still offer hunts, it may be all private now.

Big Creek Guide Service, Ethel, AR

Slick McCollums or Tony Toledo
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

If money is not a concern Slick's is hard to beat. What type of hunting y'all looking for-timber,field hunting in pit blinds? What type of birds- mallards or mix of species?

slick's looks like a hell of an operation. We are really looking to shoot greenheads in flooded timber and possibly geese in the afternoon. Thanks for all the input, all of these places look good. Hard to make a decision

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    slick's looks like a hell of an operation. We are really looking to shoot greenheads in flooded timber and possibly geese in the afternoon. Thanks for all the input, all of these places look good. Hard to make a decision
    If you can afford it, go to Slick's. Ask to be guided by Johnny Mahfouz. Take your phone to use the voice recorder when he calls. It's incredible
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

For great customer service and out of this world spaghetti, I choose Habitat Flats.

Robbie Horton @ Mallard Pointe Lodge in Brinkley, AR. Unbelievable lodge, hunting and one helluva good guide. I've hunted with Robbie 4 times and he'll make your trip a lot of fun.

PM me if you'd like his cell #

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    For great customer service and out of this world spaghetti, I choose Habitat Flats.
    I knew this was coming...

Dirty Rice Outfitters

Tony Toledo 843-761-1111
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by cat III View Post
    Dirty Rice Outfitters
    Wouldn't be my 1st choice! Tons of better places to go.

5 oaks will be up for sale on February the 4th. Never hunted with them but heard only great things about them. Money is playing a big part in it all

Quote Originally Posted by scandler View Post
    5 oaks will be up for sale on February the 4th. Never hunted with them but heard only great things about them. Money is playing a big part in it all
    Interesting...I had heard rumors of this as we hunt just around the corner from there. I understand it was money and family not seeing eye to eye? What a shame for them...it's a really nice place with an unheard of amount of land being managed for ducks.

The father that owned all the land passed away ( not sure how long ago) . All of the profit was split between the son and daughter, son was running the guide service . The daughter wants her half now and not get a good portion each year for the rest of her life. The man had a ton of land and it wasn't just at 5 oaks lodge. The word is it will be on the court house steps for auction. This what I was told by several people that are in the loop

I heard the same story from the guys who have family employed there. I don't quite understand why it's going to the courthouse steps, but I didnt feel it my place to be asking to many questions. From what I understand it is about 45-50k acres total.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    I heard the same story from the guys who have family employed there. I don't quite understand why it's going to the courthouse steps, but I didnt feel it my place to be asking to many questions. From what I understand it is about 45-50k acres total.
    It's going that way because money (greed) makes even family do stupid crap.

But I'm sure G.D. will land on his feet.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    That's a lot of land for one man to have owned! The farmer I hunt with on Emanuel is going to try and buy some of the ground out near him.