Thread: Special Request

Default Special Request

Hey guys,

Some of you may remember a while back a thread about my grandfather having a severe stroke which left him disabled. He has undergone months of therapy here in florence as well as Atlanta, Ga. This February he will be moving into an assisted living facility in Florence and we will be able to get him out on the weekends. My grandfather loved to catch stripers, he lived at Santee before his stroke, and you could find him out on the lake looking for fish just about every morning the weather would permit.

I never fished much at the lake, I was always more interested with saltwater fish but I did go with him once or twice to catch them. Now with him coming back from Atlanta, I'd like to learn so I could get him out on the lake on occasion to catch some.

I guess what I am asking, is if anybody who knows what they are doing would like to go out one weekend and show me the ropes, I would greatly appreciate it. I have his boat, rods, and can buy whatever else is needed to make the trips. I will gladly pay for fuel, food, ice, bait, etc as well. Consider it a free day of fishing, you don't have to take me to your secret spots, I think he has a few marked in his gps anyways.
    I just want him back on the water, and a little fishing success would be nice too.

Just throwing this out there.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Wes
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Where do you live

Can take you on Hartwell but pretty much only problem is about the only day I have chance to fish any the next 3 months is Sunday and kind of hard for me to get away however be glad to see what I can work out

I can give you plenty of tips as well as others on here, also Striper Kings web site will have some help
    PM me
    Last edited by tprice; 01-20-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Call Steve at Packs and book a trip with him. For a first trip this would be a lot easier and about the same cost as what you've described. Pay attention and pick up on it and you will be taking him yourself in no time. Just a lot less hassle considering your situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

PM me details.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Holler at me I can't help with Santee but Murray we could make it Happen no problem. 8644300488

Wes, I would be happy to show you some spots. The fish should start running up river in the middle of February.

I would say treat him like a kid. What I mean is, start him out bream fishing. A cane pole, some crickets, or worms, and just drop it in. Depending on how much dexterity he has regained in his rehab, that may be all he can do. And it will bring memories back to him from when he started as a kid. My grandfather developed alzheimers and while he couldn't remember a lot of things, his childhood memories of dropping a cork in the water opened his mind up to remembering fishing trips he went on with his brothers. Santee? Depending on which part of the lake he lived on, look up Goat Island, Wyboo, Randolph's Landing, Jack's Creek, Elliot's Landing, Pack's, the list goes on for good places to fish.

Thanks guys, I will be in contact soon. We will be moving his furniture this weekend.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14