Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headed to Chicago, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by gundogguru View Post
    Fuck Chicago. Arm pit of the mid west.
    My only "rule" when we head to North Dakota is that I don't drive when we go through Chicago.

I need to take the advice you gave me last year and bypass it. Somehow we ended up off the highway on a back road last year due to the road work and detours ... Sketchy is an understatement.

Michael Jordan's Steak House

A lot of ya'll need to get out more often and stop living in fear about what you've heard/read on the internet. Pretty sad.

The memory of drinking heavies at wrigley makes me all warm and fuzzy...enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by stro View Post
    A lot of ya'll need to get out more often and stop living in fear about what you've heard/read on the internet. Pretty sad.
    And maybe you should take a stats class on risk management. Chicago is the number one place in the US to catch a bullet from a gangbanger.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Woodie, I ended up on Rush at a little local joint called Dublin's. Actually I'm still here watching the Clemson game.
    The only thing I remember about Rush St. is being a bit 'tipsy' and meeting a Flight Attendant from Brownsville, TX, and then having lunch with her the next day at Su Casa's...

Hope you had a great time!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Somebody mentioned Joe's. Definitely a fantastic meal!

Quote Originally Posted by stro View Post
    No joke. Good and bad parts of town in every city.

Enjoy it Miles! My dad has lived in Chicago ever since I was a kid, I have fond memories of Cubs baseball with dad at Wrigley Field!
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    My only "rule" when we head to North Dakota is that I don't drive when we go through Chicago.

I need to take the advice you gave me last year and bypass it. Somehow we ended up off the highway on a back road last year due to the road work and detours ... Sketchy is an understatement.
    Call me. you don't have to get anywhere near Chicago on your way to the ranch.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

I did have a blast! Met a few locals and got pretty "tipsy" on Rush however there was no flight attendant. On Sunday I hit the Redline to the Friendly Confines and enjoyed every minute of it. The bleacher bums were a fun lot.

Last edited by willyworm; 09-22-2014 at 07:31 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Dang you're ugly

Like I always say, it ain't much but it's mine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

so are you photo bombing the couple behind you or visa versa

I'm not really sure honestly. They didn't seem to mind and neither do I. Surprisingly everyone was polite. The Friendly Confines lived up to their name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]