Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent Work-Porches

awesome work for sure. I think you're in the Columbia/Lexington area, if you ever need quality pics maybe for reference or a website, holla at me. Would be glad to take some good pics for you.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

I remember the one in the Columbia Metro mag, my wife showed me the picture and is wanting to add something very similar to our house. For the record this will be added along with a pool, which I have been fighting tooth and nail against but I'm losing the battle now because the kids have jumped into the fray. My response when she showed me was " oh thats nice, but it's probably built by some out of state overpriced artsey fartsey contractor and we could never find anyone around here to build it".... you aint helping matters none by being in Columbia.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Well dang! I see now where you already answered my question.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Yeah, its hard for me with a wife that woks a lot of 7a to 7p shifts at Lexington. I get out there and swing a hammer with my crew too..Im not one of these "builders" that only knows how to pass an exam and sell a job.

Somebody done back on the pool house Bro. Dang I wish you could have done that one. It would be Epic.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Yeah, its hard for me with a wife that woks a lot of 7a to 7p shifts at Lexington. I get out there and swing a hammer with my crew too..Im not one of these "builders" that only knows how to pass an exam and sell a job.
    I hear ya. If you ever decide to extend your drive from 45 minutes to 1:15 (70 miles) give or take, I'll probably have a job for you. Unless I find someone around here I think is good.

Actually I have a couple of projects I need a good carpenter on. I have a lot of floored attic space, probably close to 800sqft, with two dormers and a regular sized window. Ceiling is a good 7½' - 8' probably. I want to turn it into a room and add a half-bath (corner shower, toilet, sink). And of course a screened area on the deck I mentioned. I'll probably wait about a year or so to do the attic.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Charlie Horse,

What the name of that stuff that looks (sorta) like wood but feels like plastic. It comes like lumber and is used to build decks. I was looking at some newly built homes in one of the sud-divs here on the lake and a lot of them had that stuff for their decks. This has been well over a year ago so it isn't new.

Composite decking or trex is what most folks call it, although there are several brands out there.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie horse View Post
    Composite decking or trex is what most folks call it, although there are several brands out there.
    Ok thanks.

Your diagonals are way off.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Somebody done back on the pool house Bro. Dang I wish you could have done that one. It would be Epic.
    We on it..I had to skin out early yesterday to make it back in time to pick up my youngan..we'll be back in a couple weeks when they get the cedar milled.

Holla if you need me to bring "The Rocket"
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Good work Charlie Horse!!
    More fuel = more boost!!

Good Work CH. What's an rough estimated price on a 45' x 12' porch addition like the one in your first picture with brick under pinning and steps coming up the middle instead of the sides.