Thread: How Lucky Can One Man Get?

Default How Lucky Can One Man Get?

Loses a $25-$40 swim bait.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JKwOVqYw6E"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JKwOVqYw6E[/ame]

Pretty cool!

That's unreal, lucky man no doubt.

It's different no doubt, but no glory IMHO. All he did was net them. Didn't really catch and land them.

and he always carries a GIANT catfish sized landing net when he goes bass fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    and he always carries a GIANT catfish sized landing net when he goes bass fishing?
    You don't?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Actually, he and almost all other serious big swimbait fishermen do carry nets of that size. That guy is Matt Allen's fishing partner and the guys from Tactical Bassin are well known for catching mind blowing limits on Clear Lake where that video was filmed. Matt was just named #5 on the Kramers top 40 California Anglers List and is the highest ranked non touring pro.

Those two have plenty of impressive and informative videos on YouTube and the Tactical Bassin website.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I'm going to need some of those swim baits in about six months...

You better get your check book ready. Here's a few from my collection. I don't even want to talk about how much I've got wrapped up in baits, rods, and reels for swimbaiting! Let's just say I hope you have deep pockets!!

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I'm all giddy just thinking about it.

Third pic down, top row, two baits on the left will set you back $200 a piece if you can find someone to sell you one at that price. I paid less but that was before the craze took off. I've seen certain colors sell new in the box for $280 a piece and they still go quick!

and then there is the 15 dollar Alabama rig............
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Third pic down, top row, two baits on the left will set you back $200 a piece if you can find someone to sell you one at that price. I paid less but that was before the craze took off. I've seen certain colors sell new in the box for $280 a piece and they still go quick!
    That's freaking INSANE!

I had one of those 316 wake baits (back when they were $40 a piece), and I slayed the bass and rockfish with it. They're not just for CA fish

Id have a hard time throwing that much money into the water...are the really that much better than a $6-$10 lure? I doubt it. On the other hand I would collect the hell out of em...

You've been out of the game for too long! There aren't many hard baits that can be had for $6-$10! Hell, Rat-L-Traps are $5 and change these days and they used to cost $2.75!

The difference is in the average size of the fish the big swimbaits produce. I'll admit it's not for everyone but if you ever get in a good swimbait bite you'll know why so many people are willing to pay for the lures!

I caught these two (8lbs and 9lbs) one morning along with a 4, 5, and 6 pounder. I had several other giants follow my bait back to the boat without hitting my lure as well. It was a fantastic day on the water and I was glad to have Evan with me to witness it and take pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    You've been out of the game for too long! There aren't many hard baits that can be had for $6-$10! Hell, Rat-L-Traps are $5 and change these days and they used to cost $2.75!
    you are exactly right. 10-12 years ago when i was in my late teens i was a pretty avid bass fisherman. i amassed a ton of tackle, as that was before i had real things to spend money on. i fell out of bass fishing and went the way of bowfishing in my early 20s and have spent the last 7-8 years with a bow in my hand and a generator in my ear.

this past year i have gotten back in to rod and reel fishing and was absolutely blown away at how much tackle has gone up since the early 2000s. there arent many hard baits out there for under 6$. regular old topwater plugs i used to buy for $4 are now $6-$8. back in the early 2000s i never remembered even seeing a $30 crank bait. now you walk through the tackle shop and its covered with these "designer" plugs. damn glad i stocked up when i did. haha

i still couldnt imaging throwin a $250 plastic fish in the water tho. haha

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I had one of those 316 wake baits (back when they were $40 a piece), and I slayed the bass and rockfish with it. They're not just for CA fish
    bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    I'm going to need some of those swim baits in about six months...
    Ill take 10 in rainbow and brown trout pattern.
    Last edited by Buckin Bronco; 11-21-2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler