Thread: Decided to try a new call.

Default Decided to try a new call.

Been a little bored this fall/winter and decided to learn a new call. Picked up a scratchbox after hearing a sound file of one, actually bought the exact wood combo of the soundfile cause I liked it so much. I have a way to go with the call, but I think I have potential. It is made of Sapele/Yellow Cedar with Holly soundboard. Hope to hunt her this spring if I can get better. Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving!

Last edited by davisd9; 11-21-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

looks like a SS call to me. If it is, you'll be pleased. Those calls sound really good in the woods too.

You have a good eye.

Sent from the Strut Zone
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Quote Originally Posted by davisd9 View Post
    You have a good eye.

Sent from the Strut Zone
    been around a few call makers over the years

Al and Josh make some fine scratch boxes. Scratch boxes are one of my favorite calls to play, I have several and 2 of my top 3 calls are from SS.

I've got a couple. The Gaskins was my dad's and sounds good. I don't think the Olt sounds as good.....or I can't work it well yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I've got a couple. The Gaskins was my dad's and sounds good. I don't think the Olt sounds as good.....or I can't work it well yet.

Very neat. Thanks for sharing! Love seeing old calls. I run a PS Olt crow call, best one I ever heard hands down. Heard Spur Hunter use his and knew I had to find one.

Sent from the Strut Zone

Scratch boxes are a very underated call. They sound great and fit in your shirt pocket. My SS is pretty good. Buice and Spring Creek make excellent scratch boxes too.

Those old Gaskins are good little calls.