Thread: Roku tv?

Default Roku tv?

What is y'all's opinion?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

We've got it. My wife is the techy guru with all our home electronics. I can't usually find the right remote out of the dozen on the coffee table to turn on the TV. Tonight I suggested we watch a particular movie. That was around 8:30 and we still aren't watching anything but scrolling menus.

From my layman's perspective, it looks cool enough but you still need accounts on Amazon, Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, etc. etc.

Wife has Amazon Prime so most of the movies are included on Roku. Kids like watching badass shows like McGiver. I hate the remote.
    Last edited by FreeLiner; 08-01-2014 at 06:41 AM.
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by FreeLiner View Post
    Wife has Amazon Prime so most of the movies are included on Roku. Kids like watching badass shows like McGiver. I hate the remote.
    Get the roku app on your phone, let's you control the roku from your phone and a lot easier to type in titles.

It's decent. Some newer movies aren't always available. I don't think it replaces cable. You can't watch live tv like local news, espn, etc.

If your wanting to cut cable....look into Slingbox. If you and a few friends go in on splitting the cost of cable for one house, then put a sling box in all the other homes, you can drastically reduce the cost of watching tv.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    It's decent. Some newer movies aren't always available. I don't think it replaces cable. You can't watch live tv like local news, espn, etc.

If your wanting to cut cable....look into Slingbox. If you and a few friends go in on splitting the cost of cable for one house, then put a sling box in all the other homes, you can drastically reduce the cost of watching tv.
    This slingbox looks to be the ticket.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Quote Originally Posted by DMP View Post
    This slingbox looks to be the ticket.
    My pops has it. He uses it at the beach house so he won't have to pay for cable there.