Thread: 1448 Grizzly speed

Default 1448 Grizzly speed

I just put Honda 25 hp 4 stroke on my Tracker Grizzly 1448 but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Anybody have an estimate of how fast it will run? I hope to try it out in the next few days.

1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

I have one with a 2 stroke 25 and I can get close to 30 with 2 people.

Default 30 mph

It went 30 mph by myself today on the waterway. It doesn't have a tach, but it feels like it would go faster with a bigger prop. It has a 10" x10" stainless prop. I don't really want it to go any faster on top end, but hope it will still go 25 mph with two people. It's not that much faster than my 15 hp, but it it just feels like it has much more power. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Default Update

I went today with 2 other people, decoys, 3 guns and a few other things. I didn't check the speed, but felt like about 25 mph. It took about 7-8 seconds to get it to plane. After about 3 fast stops and a little water over short transom each time, it started to struggle getting it to plane out. I bought a small bilige pump and now should be good for about any load I'm willing to put in it. It's a huge improvement from the 15 hp.