Thread: Lake secession 05/14/2010 a.m.

Default Lake secession 05/14/2010 a.m.

Went and did a little pre-fishing for a tourney at Lake Secession in Abbeville this past friday morning.... Was real excited after pre-fishing, most of the fish we connected with were post spawners that were holding tight to docks off of the main channel, they were liking the green pumpkin senko's texas rigged/weightless. Thought we had a real good handle on the fish. We caught 5 fish that were 4+ lbs. biggest fish was 7-8lbs. When we went back saturday we caught quite a few smaller fish but our big bite had went away We ended up landing one fish that weighed in at 5lbs. for a total bag of 10-8 kinda disappointed but we still finished 5th out of 25 boats. Here are a couple pics of a few of our fish friday.

-Mick

Ever thought about shaking them off the day before a tourney? They are usually pretty hard to catch the day after you stick them and put them in the boat. Nothing wrong with sticking a couple just to check the size, but it really doesn't make sense to catch 24 lbs the day before the tourney. Good catch on Friday though!!
    Last edited by Tmbrhntr; 05-18-2010 at 07:16 AM.

that's what I was thinking too
    Bah! Humbug!

If I catch them the day before, I just keep them alive until the next day....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Agree dont stick the fish the day before! Nice catch though!

I see what you are saying, but at the same time if you have only fished the lake once in the past 10 years you need to try to pattern what the fish are going to do over the course of the day and if that means sticking a few of them then thats what you have to do. I can't really holler down there and tell the big fish not to bite. All you can do is hope that the fish will stay on a similar pattern the following day... If it were a lake that I had a lot of experience on I probably wouldn't have even pre-fished at all, but oh well thats the way it goes haha... Maybe next time we will get em on the day it counts.

How do you Texas rig with no weight?