Thread: ICW boat trip

Default ICW boat trip

Looking for new boat trip ideas. What is your favorite place to go?

Conway to Georgetown. Easy ride and beautiful scenery
    Bah! Humbug!

Yes, that is a nice trip.

I have never been to beaufort or hilton head by boat. Where is a good place to dock & stay? Also, never been to NC. Where are some good places up there?

After this weekend not so nice with all the damn Snowbirds clogging up the waterway.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

We did Charleston to Hilton Head a couple of year ago - stayed at Sea Pines. Docked up right next to the lighthouse - plenty to do right at the dock. Lot of nice water on the way as well. Be careful at Port Royal Sound and Saint Helena Sound - both pretty big open water - can get ugly. Great trip though. Stopping several times and not being in any kind of hurry, took us about 7 or 8 hours from County Farm landing at 526.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

That sounds like a nice trip.

Harbour town is nice and has plenty to do. You may want to make a day tip over to daufuskie. Have lunch at Freeport marina. Rent a golf cart and ride around the island. Go see the iron fish art gallery. Hit up marsh side mamas for dinner and drinks.

There is an icw cruising guide on Amazon for around $45. That's a good resource for setting your basic trip and nav points

I second the Daufuskie trip , have done this trip the last two summers and it is a great trip. Good marina to dock your boat with good eating places , look at VRBO for places to stay.
    Keep the Stars and Bars flying.
    Robert E. Lee

Not that I really want to, but is their a public dock on river street in savannah?

I've never ran from charleston to beaufort. When we moved to Bluffton I wish I would have brought the boat by water being as I had to take the trailer back. Only been out twice, but it is beautiful and lot less boat traffic than what I am used to.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Harbour town is nice and has plenty to do. You may want to make a day tip over to daufuskie. Have lunch at Freeport marina. Rent a golf cart and ride around the island. Go see the iron fish art gallery. Hit up marsh side mamas for dinner and drinks.

There is an icw cruising guide on Amazon for around $45. That's a good resource for setting your basic trip and nav points
    Great suggestions!

I love getting sideways on those dirt roads!!

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Not that I really want to, but is their a public dock on river street in savannah?

I've never ran from charleston to beaufort. When we moved to Bluffton I wish I would have brought the boat by water being as I had to take the trailer back. Only been out twice, but it is beautiful and lot less boat traffic than what I am used to.
    Yes, but I would venture off river street once you dock. River street is a tourist trap dump.

banker.....just go to 601 sandbar