Thread: Media or Ultrasonic

Default Media or Ultrasonic

My cheapo, knock off tumbler I've had for 20 years just died. Surprised at how long it lasted, no telling how much brass has been through it. I bought it as a poor college kid. Now I need to replace it. I know there's all sorts of new cleaning methods out there and I'd rather have something that wasn't as messy as cob media is.

Anyone got any negatives on their ultrasonic? Pros?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

When my media tumbler finally dies Im going to the stainless steel method
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

yup SS is the only way to go
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

By stainless do you mean a Thumlers setup?

If so are you using the Model B?

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    By stainless do you mean a Thumlers setup?

If so are you using the Model B?
    yes and yes
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Where's the best place to pick one up? I've got a chunk of time off coming up and I want to spend a few days reloading. Been putting off that "cleaning" step since I started a few months ago.

Stainless steel pins are the cats meow.

Which rotary tumblers are y'all running. Thumbler, Frankford, RCBS? That RCBS one is pricey but it'd probably last forever.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

SS pins and a 9 mm casing full of lemi shine. I got the tumbler from harbor frieght and it has done good.

Might have to stop by HF tomorrow and pick one up. Maybe upgrade to the Thumler later and use the HF model to tumble rocks with the kids.

You go with the single or double barrel?

Single drum. I think I got 1lb of pins. I'm thinking I also put a touch of dawn in the mixture too.

Thanks.