Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Route to Minot, ND

Quote Originally Posted by smitch320 View Post
    but fuck Chicago and it's residents for the most part.
    Boom
    Last edited by Fish; 08-26-2015 at 02:07 AM.

We go SD 4 times a year, twice for P-Dogs and twice for pheasants and always use the Knoxville, Nashville, St Louis, KC, 29N to Sioux Falls then west. Normally spend the night in Columbia, MO. outbound and in KC on return.

Quote Originally Posted by slowiedawg View Post
    Be sure to pay attention to your fuel gauge, I know a guy who ran out of gas on the first leg of the trip.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    He didn't run out. He just had to use an alternate fuel source. Lol
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Hit Nashville and st. Loius in the middle of the night or lunch time
    This! Nashville isn't quite as bad but St. Loius sucks balls. They are always doing construction. And if you miss the bypass around the city, Plan to spend an hour bumper to bumper.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Fuck Chicago. Fuck Chicago pulling a utility trailer even more...
    Got that right. Been there done that.

Will be going to MN to breed Hannah to FC AFC Bluenorth's Rock Hard Ten MH as soon as she is "ready". Have laid out my travel plan and will not be going through Chicago. Never go there, if travel time is important to you. If you do rob a bank, you will need the $$ for toll fees.

yall do realize if you go to chicago to get to MN or ND, you are fucking lost.

I lived in MN for two years and pretty sure I never saw a sign for Chicago except at the airport.

Hoot--where in MN? I can help you get there. You can leave out all the HR CHR MH stuff. Just a city name will do...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Been both ways a few times. The northern route is the easiest driving but stay away from Chicago. Head west toward Peoria then north toward Madison. The KC route has more food and gas opportunities but the traffic is more intense until after KC.

As always check the weather before you go. It made a difference with us a couple of times.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    yall do realize if you go to chicago to get to MN or ND, you are fucking lost.

I lived in MN for two years and pretty sure I never saw a sign for Chicago except at the airport.

Hoot--where in MN? I can help you get there. You can leave out all the HR CHR MH stuff. Just a city name will do...
    Thanks. Will take 74 out of Indianapolis to 80 to Des Moines 35 to Minneapolis.

Just don't leave early. Gracious.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

The best route is about 35-40,000 feet up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Watch out for the attack drones when you get there.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/27/n...aponized-dron/

Lived in ND for years; numerous trips back to SC, take the southern route. Aint much on 29 north Sioux Falls, SD. Beet harvest should be done. If not, watch out for the trucks; no licenses required to drive.

Wheels in the well

Wheels Up
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

You must be going with ole Mr. Courtney...accurate statement?
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away and barefoot. - unknown

Originally Posted by 295PRO
    This is my theory. If I order a 16oz steak and they bring me 15oz of bone and 1oz of meat we got a problem. But bring me 15 oz of meat and 1oz of bone and I'll leave with a smile.

I drive to NoDak every year with our dogs and gear. My wife and buddies fly and I pick them up. We've been doing it this way for the past 15 years. Asheville, to Knoxville, to Lexington, to Louisville, to Indianapolis, to Bloomington, to Rockford, to Madison, to Minneapolis and into NoDak on I-94 is the best way I've found (and I've been every way imaginable).
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

We are now going to fedex everything up there, and fly. The only driving we will be doing is from here to ATL because the flight was so much cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Quote Originally Posted by The Conservative View Post
    We are now going to fedex everything up there, and fly. The only driving we will be doing is from here to ATL because the flight was so much cheaper

Smart man

Give me pointers on rental trucks...keep in mind, we've never hunted the ag fields of ND.... Do you think 4x4 is necessary or rely on the big MO

“The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”