Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkey Call recommendation

FWIW, and that's probably not much, the aluminum arrow shaft striker with stabilized black palm tip is the most consistent striker I have for any calling service.

When I was in college I worked at an outdoor store and we had Mr. Harold's strikers on display. We had almost 200 strikers at any given time. The black palm striker was the most versatile out of them all. Andy (Nitro) and I argue back and forth about this all the time, but from my experience with fowler strikers, they are the go to.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    FWIW, and that's probably not much, the aluminum arrow shaft striker with stabilized black palm tip is the most consistent striker I have for any calling service.

Yep. It's stupid good on a Crystal pot call.

If you dont have one of those black palm and aluminum shaft strikers you're missing out.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

i have never been turkey hunting and looked down at my striker and wished it was prettier.

I really need to become a turkey call snob like you people before I rub ccleroy out and sell his calls on ebay for millions.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Yes but if you lose a special one that you had carried for 20+ years it will hurt a bit.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i have never been turkey hunting and looked down at my striker and wished it was prettier.

I really need to become a turkey call snob like you people before I rub ccleroy out and sell his calls on ebay for millions.

I get a cut.....

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Really , I just like picking on Will's shaft striker...

I remain unconvinced that a piece of aluminum glued to two pieces of wood can sound better than a striker made of a single piece of wood when played on any call ..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I pledge, here and now, that I will never buy a striker with an aluminum arrow shaft glued to two pieces of wood...until Nitro is convinced of it's merit.

Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

A man has to draw the line somewhere.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.