Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SCDNR Deer management meetings

Enough for you to piss up....or down!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

So how do the libertarians support the tag system?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Caliboque did I not state I put 8 deer in freezer and I only shoot does if have to.

You people don't read and interpret nothing.

You would save yourself a lot of typing and mine drifting if you would read what is there.

You are prob one of those that don't see very many deer and think the populations are down.
    That thing on your shoulders is dead weight
    I will send you a check if you promise your post count will never reach 50.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by porkchop 13 View Post
    Did you ask how I process deer meat. NO You just like couple other clowns in here ASSUME YOU KNOW

Between deer burger, cube, and using burger to make sausage with only couple things added we eat deer instead of store bought beef. To many things added and we had to adjust our eating accordingly.

Now we raise a cow every year and process it ourselves so we do have steaks without all the added store bought nonsense.

So don't want u to think we are just hammering on deer cause we can.

You didn't hear me say anthing about wanting to kill any more than 8 or 9 deer a year. The assuming crew on here came up with those assumptions
    I'm just curious what types of health restrictions do you have?

I'm serious. There is no HIPPA on here.

I was thinking you were gonna tell me you were on a no or low red meat diet! I leave for a few hours and your come back to find out not only are you a beef eater, but turns out your an old ranch hand.

So your gonna be taking out 4 140lbs average bucks 5 85lbs average does and a 500lbs calf?

I eat a whole lot of meat. But I'm trying to figure out what else you actually are eating besides meat with that many lbs of meat per member of your 3 person family.

I was gonna recommend some edamame or something to subsidize your protein needs, but I'm gonna be honest with your super human protein needs I'm thinking we may need to get depredation tags to keep you out of the soy bean fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Ruth stated that the deer herd is pretty balanced and that numbers look pretty good.
    There is no good data on buck harvests.
    The concern is unchecked harvest continue as they have traditionally coupled with coyotes that continue to bring down recruitment....then, uh-oh!
    Houston we have a problem then everyone including the all knowing SRR is blaming Ruth and DNR!
    Imagine that....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    Perhaps my reading comprehension is not all that great(I didn't score well in school in that area) but it appears to me that Ruth states in the article(see below for quote) that the numbers are fine and he also is factoring in coyotes. He also goes on to state we need to be particularly careful with managing the harvest of does.So where exactly is the problem that Houston is having other than putting in place a plan in which a hunter can kill the same number of bucks as does. That completely 100% contradicts what Ruth says. Not what SRR says but what Ruth says.

It has nothing to do with me blaming Ruth or being all knowing. I am simply reading two sets of statements published by Ruth and am trying to figure out which is correct. I am trying to figure out why all the "we have to have tags because Ruth said there is a problem" people are jumping on the band wagon with this, when for years (according to the article) Ruth has said there is NOT a problem.

"Ruth said that the past few years of harvest data do indicate the overall herd population is more balanced after several years of steady decline."
    "Ruth said these small up and down swings are within normal parameters for a balanced deer herd."
    “Beginning after 2002 the population has trended down until recently becoming more stabilized. The overall reduction in harvest seen since 2002 can likely be attributable to a number of factors, including habitat change.
    Ruth says there’s another piece to the deer population puzzle that now has to be figured into the equation: coyotes. He notes that coyotes are a recent addition to the landscape and are something biologists and hunters will have to deal with in the future.
    Given these results and the difficulty and high cost of coyote control, it seems apparent that making adjustments to how we manage deer, particularly female deer, is more important now than prior to the colonization of the state by coyotes.”
    Mr. Cali you never did respond to the above. What is the problem Houston is having?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

I have stated my opinions as a wildlife biologist on here more times than once over the years.
    Some people cannot be educated and I will not have an Internet argument with you just for the sake of argument.
    Best of luck to you when you get your BUCK tags!
    Last edited by Calibogue; 09-04-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    Perhaps my reading comprehension is not all that great(I didn't score well in school in that area) but it appears to me that Ruth states in the article(see below for quote) that the numbers are fine and he also is factoring in coyotes. He also goes on to state we need to be particularly careful with managing the harvest of does.So where exactly is the problem that Houston is having other than putting in place a plan in which a hunter can kill the same number of bucks as does. That completely 100% contradicts what Ruth says. Not what SRR says but what Ruth says.

It has nothing to do with me blaming Ruth or being all knowing. I am simply reading two sets of statements published by Ruth and am trying to figure out which is correct. I am trying to figure out why all the "we have to have tags because Ruth said there is a problem" people are jumping on the band wagon with this, when for years (according to the article) Ruth has said there is NOT a problem.

"Ruth said that the past few years of harvest data do indicate the overall herd population is more balanced after several years of steady decline."
    "Ruth said these small up and down swings are within normal parameters for a balanced deer herd."
    “Beginning after 2002 the population has trended down until recently becoming more stabilized. The overall reduction in harvest seen since 2002 can likely be attributable to a number of factors, including habitat change.
    Ruth says there’s another piece to the deer population puzzle that now has to be figured into the equation: coyotes. He notes that coyotes are a recent addition to the landscape and are something biologists and hunters will have to deal with in the future.
    Given these results and the difficulty and high cost of coyote control, it seems apparent that making adjustments to how we manage deer, particularly female deer, is more important now than prior to the colonization of the state by coyotes.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I have stated my opinions as a wildlife biologist on here more times than once over the years.
    Some people cannot be educated and I will not have an Internet argument with you just for the sake of argument.
    Best of luck to you when you get your BUCK tags!
    Fine. Then can any of the other "we have to have tags" crowd explain?
    Last edited by Calibogue; 09-04-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post