Thread: Bowfin Fly Tournament

Default Bowfin Fly Tournament

PM me your email for an auspicious invite to catch cypress trout in blackwater...it's in SC
    At least I'm housebroken.

You seem to consistently choose the most tortured avenues of outdoor activities.

Duck,
    Looks like you got a bite.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

if it ain't wierd, ridiculously hard, or just plain unconventional I ain't havin a good time...

You going to fish WEETEE?

mebbe...

You don't have to go that far to catch mudfish.

Go to Riser's or Mcguirts. They are both full of em and a hell of a lot closer to you than WEE TEE.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Hell the rivers are full of them right now.

I'm perty ignunt...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Hell the rivers are full of them right now.
    That's a true story. There are so many of em in the dead river pond at the hunt club that we were getting a bite on almost every cast. Some of em were 36" and longer.

EDIT - I saw a mudfish in the pond behind my house yesterday afternoon.

So far, I've seen Spot Tail Bass, Largemouth Bass, Bowfin, Mullet, Mud Minnows, Pond Guppy, Aquarium Guppy, Grass Carp, and a crowd of Bullfrogs in there. And all of its about 25 feet out the back door. Ain't life grand?
    Last edited by Fish; 08-21-2015 at 10:48 AM.

and all those fish are safe from you....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

If you are gonna use hippy sticks for mud fish you need this custom priest.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

That's a bad-ass whoopin stick, Mergie...I can remember when I first caught one of those fish and tried to end it's life with a stick..I'll just say it took more than a blunt object and that I should have packed a lunch!

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

No doubt they are tough bastard. Hell they are practically dinosaurs. I've caught them on topwater lures and on plastic worms. The teeth on a grinner will do a number on a hard lure too.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I started out catching them on the same stuff..inline spinners worked best for me, but the hippy sticks are all I use these days. White clousers all da way!