Thread: Dash cams - anybody got one?

Default Dash cams - anybody got one?

I figure they'll be in all cars before long (like Russia). I ordered one of the cheap Chinese cams on Amazon (G1W-C). Just want to laugh again at all the stupid crap I see on the road every day - plus I won't have to pull out my phone when a Camari Safari-worthy situation arises.

I have been wanting to put them in my work trucks.

thrilling. what a time-worthy pursuit. you must be annoying as shit to ride with. Self-proclaimed guru of driving just waiting for the chance to put those bad drivers in their place with his fag horn and handy cam.
    Last edited by everlast; 07-09-2015 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    thrilling. what a time-worthy pursuit. you must be annoying as shit to ride with. Self-proclaimed guru of driving just waiting for the chance to put those bad drivers in their place with his fag horn and handy cam.
    what?

Somebody got honked at today.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    You must have seen yourself on the video...

They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

I'm more concerned with the Obama gas station at 6:57 than that dumbass. Hell in three or four of those clips he's probably in somebody else's bad driving video.

Got one for Christmas last year. I put it in my commuter car. I figure if nothing else, it could prove fault in an accident or catch a tag number on a hit and run or something.

Not my video in the original post, just thought it was funny.

And I highly recommend the G1WC camera (at least so far) if you want a cheap dash cam. Just throw in a micro 32GB SD card, plug it into a cigarette lighter outlet (preferably one that turns off when you turn off the car) and it records automatically. Footage is pretty good, day and night.
    Last edited by CRowland; 07-30-2015 at 07:37 AM.

wish I had one on 85 this morning...

Dude is a Mazda all of the sudden just cranked the wheel for no apparent reason. They did a great job recovering (never hit the brakes) and ended up not hitting anything. That car slid 90 degrees in both directions going about 60.. He only used up 2 lanes.

I was on the phone and told them folks 'hold on, I'm watching a wreck happen'.

Dude got straightened out then got to the E-lane pretty quick and stopped.

10 miles down the hi-way, he passes us hauling ass. Slow learner I guess.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Seems cheap enough to try. If I was close to a Northern Tool, I would pick one up. Hate paying shipping! Gonna check amazon now that I think about it. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...1821_200631821

Our company trucks have them (semi trucks).

The one we got faces inside the cab and outside the cam. It only records when the brakes are hit too hard, a bad bump or something in that nature.