Thread: Lake Murray white perch

Default Lake Murray white perch

So I keep hearing the white perch are being caught by the boat loads right now. Figured if the bass ain't biting tommorow, I'm gonna try for some of these invasive little boogers. I've bumped into a few while bass fishin, but never intentionally fished for them. What's the skinny on catching them? Jiggin, trolling, spoons, bottom fishin? And are they worth a shit to eat? School me boys. Thx

Red worms on the bottom. Most ain't big enough to eat but just the right size for a boat paddle swat
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I like a good paddle smashin... I'll pick up some redworms and a few cold ones while I sit and wait. Thx bean

Cut 'em in half .... good catfish bait.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Cut 'em in half .... good catfish bait.
    And this too!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

3/4 ounce berry flex it spoon. 18-30ft of water. Excellent to eat. I kept 40 on tuesday. Stinking Creek area.

1 out 5 are big enough to eat normally.

I filet almost every one I catch, even if it only produces a sliver the size of my index finger. Their skin is thick, so it's not good to eat, but it also makes fileting a breeze. You can clean 50 of them in less than 30 minutes. The filets are outstanding.
    Last edited by smallwater; 08-01-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Red worms on the bottom. Most ain't big enough to eat but just the right size for a boat paddle swat

And the ospreys will love you

Let's see..... Throw out anything in lake Murray and you will catch some form or fashion of white perch
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

3/4 or 1/2 oz Brinskys blade bait. Jig it like a spoon....vertically. thank me later.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Might want to try this, catch the first ones on red worms, then use strips of belly meat to fish with . You will still catch some small ones but the average size will go up.

Sweet! Thx guys. I'll give it go after i get tired of slingin for bass. Maybe mid morning. Grab me a cold beer and play around with the perch.

Caught the shit outta them perch this morning. Stopped at some main lake humps and trolled shad raps around. They are a plentiful... It was fun.

We caught about 15 in an hour the other day and one big ass shell cracker. Night crawler on the bottom will do the trick.