Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sparkleberry Map

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Give me two men each with a compass and I can get close enough to shoot your swing birds. 3 and I can show you which tree you were leaning against.

"Spotter rounds"
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by bayou pirate View Post
    Of course not knowing where blackdog77 is from I was guessing he was a local. But I'm sure if he was an OOSER he would be given a pass for his minor lapse in hunter etiquette. Be taken under some locals wing and never want for a prime hunting spot again.
    You must be stalking an oos'r that shot your swings one day or beat you to a hole. If you need assistance killing ducks over there just ask. Don't be embarrassed. It's ok.
    \"Go to Know\"

I have one of the originals from the 60's. It won't do you a bit of good. Tiller time is the oh way. Every foot of water change makes it all change though.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

We used to think that the old hand drawn Audubon Society map ruined the swamp! I use to run that swamp at twelve o'clock at night. Camping, hunting mallards, and fishing. Those were the days. Even on days you didn't kill anything, you still saw 10,000 mallards going up river!

Quote Originally Posted by cleancutredneck View Post
    john h cooper map is nice to have, but i sure wouldn't rely on that to get you anywhere...not sure you can even find it anywhere now.....best bet is to go in with someone that knows the route and pay attention to everything you see.....I've been in there plenty of times turned around and I'm stubborn enough to not have a gps....you just hope you have enough gas and beer to get through...or just camp the night and wait for the sun to come up

This man speaks from experience, and Triplebeard will tell you how much gas to bring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I got plenty of hooks but I think I'm going to need more ammo.

Last time I spent the night lost out there my co-captain passed out in the bottom of the boat using that old map as a blanket. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    You must be stalking an oos'r that shot your swings one day or beat you to a hole. If you need assistance killing ducks over there just ask. Don't be embarrassed. It's ok.
    No I'm not stalking out of staters, in fact on this forum I would probably fall under the oos'r monicker. Been beat to hole sure, beat others to a hole well of course. But being beat to a hole is not a problem unless you've only got only one productive one to go to. Just out of curiosity if I were to ask for assistance you woud need to tell me what you replaced your red pathfinder with so we could meet up.

duckcallmaker gets it. V after V of WILD MALLARDS.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

No I'm not stalking out of staters, in fact on this forum I would probably fall under the oos'r monicker. Been beat to hole sure, beat others to a hole well of course. But being beat to a hole is not a problem unless you've only got only one productive one to go to. Just out of curiosity if I were to ask for assistance you woud need to tell me what you replaced your red pathfinder with so we could meet up.
    A white service van with no windows. Still pulling the double decker trailer. Got home made 4 wheel drive on the van. Pathfinder had 9,000,000 miles on it when I swapped it for the van. I also live in the van.
    \"Go to Know\"

I can make y'all a map of where not to go. Seriously! I've hit every stump in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    This man speaks from experience, and Triplebeard will tell you how much gas to bring.
    TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    duckcallmaker gets it. V after V of WILD MALLARDS.
    x2

A white service van with no windows. Still pulling the double decker trailer. Got home made 4 wheel drive on the van. Pathfinder had 9,000,000 miles on it when I swapped it for the van. I also live in the van.
    Son of a bitch, I've seen your ride before parked downtown during the duck calling contest. I knew it. When are you gonna cover up the spray paint on the side doors that reads "FREE CANDY".

Son of a bitch, I've seen your ride before parked downtown during the duck calling contest. I knew it. When are you gonna cover up the spray paint on the side doors that reads "FREE CANDY".
    Hey man. It gets lonely in the van. But look at the positives. I'm always first at the ramp, no rent or mortgage, the ladies love it and for the record...........those kids were hole runners and decoy toters. I swear to god.
    \"Go to Know\"

Been there on more than a few mornings when the current reverses directions. all I could think about was: I wonder how many people are going to get lost this morning. It is crazy when the flow turns and goes back NW. Running upstream in then back out on the same day is strange indeed. The only thing I wish for is I wish the effort was worth the reward, maybe my definition of the reward has changed. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Hey man. It gets lonely in the van. But look at the positives. I'm always first at the ramp, no rent or mortgage, the ladies love it and for the record...........those kids were hole runners and decoy toters. I swear to god.
    Now that's some funny scat, it is refreshing to find a sense of humor.

I have a John Cooper map. Got it out the other day and notice he marked a 21Ft DBH cypress tree. Have any of you seen this? I thought about going to see if the tree is still there.