• worse

60 31.91%
  • same

64 34.04%
  • didn't go

40 21.28%

Thread: Comparison poll

Default Comparison poll

How does this year compare to past years?

THis poll is pre-wheat broadcasting.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I put the same. This year has been better than last but about the same as other past years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Our season has been a good bit worse. Lots of food in historically good fields, just not many birds.
    U serious Clark?

I hunted three times and killed three limits. Went to the same field last year once and killed like 2 birds. Way better here.

If wma fields count, I put worse. The pickens field got torn up by deer before season and there ain't been any seed for birds. I think dnr biologists said out of 60 somethin hunters, they killed a total of 47 birds on the 6th.
    Last edited by Gone South; 10-06-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Our place in Lee County sucked last year and sucked just as bad this year. Tons of sunflowers, just no birds to speak of.

There are so many fields within close proximity that if not enough of them are being hunted the birds can just move to a unhunted field. Seen a good many birds this year and our best shoots were when others were shooting as well and keeping the birds moving.
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

This year sucked for me I hunted a wma field which was awful, and a buddies field which was pretty slow.

Our numbers have been way down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Our hunts have been average...hit or miss. The changes in wheat laws didn't make any difference for our club. On my place, I was getting some birds massing up on a cover crop field but the cold ran them off anyway.

It's been spotty around some of the fields in our area. I just started cutting corn along with planting wheat. We also have a mess of sunflowers standing. It might sound funny, but I do think doves prefer a heartier grain this time of year. I don't think the wheat hurts, they're still lighting in it. I've just noticed on our land over the past several years the amount of doves sitting on feeders. We've always all of our corn until the later seasons. Yesterday, we did have a great shoot. Kinda out of no where. It's just with these winter birds you have to be out there earlier. There's not a lot of returning if they've feed then shot at.

Down right shitty at our field
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

Really bad year for us

It was Alot slower this year. I checked dozens of fields 1st season and all had noticed it.
    Fewer hunters the 2nd & 3rd seasons so didn't get to talk with that many but saw fewer birds. Hopefully just a off year and be back strong next year.