Thread: Sanibel

Default Sanibel

Anyone by chance at sanibel this week? Bite was pretty good today, and wanted to see if by chance if anyone else was here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Post up some pics of the "bite"
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

yes, please tell us more about this "bite" you speak of

I am around... I live on Cape Coral now which is right up the road. I don't know where you have been fishing, but the further I get from Sanibel (mouth of Caloosahathie River) the cleaner the water and the better the fishing has been. I have some rare days off this week and will be up towards Charlotte Harbor the next few days.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

I'd love to hear some reports if you are willing to share. I'll be at Captiva with the family next week. Also would like to know about good food if you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 4THEGIRLS View Post
    . Also would like to know about good food if you don't mind.
    The Island Cow is all you need to know
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Dhall, any follow up info from your trip? We just got into Captiva yesterday and my wife is calling around for fun family activities. Looking at going over to Cayo Costa for the day tomorrow. Saw a guy catch a tarpon at the first bridge to Sanibel on the way in. Pretty cool to see from the bridge.

Just left Sanibel. Apparently in SW Florida, South Carolina residents are quickly gaining a reputation like we have in Arkansas. A guide at the tackle store on two occasions in the last 3 weeks took out some South Carolina "sportsman" who preceded the next day to sit in spot. Even worse one of the groups thought it okay to take there center console and run of and off the flat tearing the grass all up no more than 100 yards from the said guide.

Shit... don't let the locals blame it on tourist. The worst offenders for tearing up our grass flats are the "tournament" type guys with there tunnel hulled tower boats. They don't think twice about running full throttle in less than a foot with or without people like me poling the flat nearby. You think bass fisherman are bad, they have nothing on the pro Redfish guys
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 08-08-2016 at 09:37 AM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

We had a blast there, and I was in several tackle shops. Those guys could not have been nicer, and I told them where I was from. Watched several charter boats tear up the snook. Saw one guy catch a nice tarpon, and saw several free jumping. Certainly plan to go back. We stayed on Captiva.