Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hormone replacement therapy

Excess estrogen does more harm then low testosterone does. Guess where high estrogen comes from in males commonly. High levels of adipose tissue.

Exogenous testosterone is no joke. It harms your own gonadal production ability and testosterone on its own increases atherosclerosis, cancers, etc. So think over it thoroughly with a Doctor who is well versed preferably endocrinologist or urologist.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 04-21-2016 at 05:15 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

I hate it so much I just haven't gotten there yet....
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

You can eat all he best foods in the world, excercise, not excercise. If you have low T and your body feels like you have low T, well some extra T may just help ya. Yes, it over perscribed to middle age guys who want something for nothing. Consult your doctor, just as you would your vet or dentist.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Low T stands for Low Trouble - embrace it...
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    bullshit, everlast. Many of you have decided to believe every damn thing you read.....selectively. You find a web site or crossfit gym that agrees with what you WANT to believe and you think its gospel. I think that is a slippery slope. i might even coin my own term. I am thinking "concept creep" but that's already taken.

anywho...

Let me just tell a story. I am not a doctor. I am not telling the original poster that he doesnt need medical help. Mollie will be along shortly to poo-poo everything I say because he is already biased against what I post....and that's ok. But I do enjoy being the voice of reason and know damn well that "LOW T" is bunk.

Talk to someone who has been on a steroid. Ask them how they felt. Did you feel better? Did you feel awake and alert? Did you even shake a little you were so "wired?" I bet they will say YES. So, are these POSITIVE attributes of the meds? Are they treating a specific disease or is it labeled a "syndrome?"

Talk to someone who has taken adderall. Ask them if they liked themselves on that med. Ask them if they got more work done. Ask them if they had more energy. Ask them if they liked it.

So now we have a middle aged guy who is complaining of having less energy than normal. Put him on testosterone. I dont care if its cream or injection....its TESTOSTERONE. Ask him how he feels. I bet he feels "better." More energy. Jacked up? Ready to take on the world? I bet so.

So, was the medicine the key? What disease did the patient have?

Many today look to the pharmaceutical world for a pill. A quick fix. An answer. I would love to take adderall, a steroid, and rub some cream on my willy every damn day. For what? My disease?

To the original poster: one thing I like about this sub-forum is that most are trying to lead a healthier lifestyle through diet and exercise. I am holding onto hope that this is the wave of the future. We need to understand what we put into our bodies and how it effects us. Some people tend to migrate towards a specific person or mentor and follow them closely. Just be careful with what you read, here and elsewhere. Find a general physician that you trust, and preferably one who "practices what he preaches" in terms of overall health and wellness. I happen to have a close friend who is a urologist so I asked him about "Low T" and he said "docs and pharmaceutical companies sure are making a mint off of middle aged people that arent as healthy as they could be." I appreciated his candor.

Do some more research and get a second opinion.

Listen to the dentist...

But he just said not to listen to anyone on the innernets.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    But he just said not to listen to anyone on the innernets.

He also went off on some tangent about rubbing cream on his willy for his "disease", so let's just stay on topic and say we agree with his general stance on the subject matter.

Buy a vette

More fuel = more boost!!

Outback has a food truck.. let's throw another shrimp on the BARBY

Good info, thanks for the lively discussion. I have been under the care of a competent dr and he has me on a protocol that may or may not help. I totally agree that I contributed to this condition by carrying around 25lbs of extra weight. I was really looking for some input from someone who may have been in same boat and actually changed their condition with lifestyle changes. I completely understand the science. 2th if someone comes to you with periodontal disease due to neglect do you treat it or not? Kinda the place I am at. I got myself here what are best steps to reverse course?

Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Good info, thanks for the lively discussion. I have been under the care of a competent dr and he has me on a protocol that may or may not help. I totally agree that I contributed to this condition by carrying around 25lbs of extra weight. I was really looking for some input from someone who may have been in same boat and actually changed their condition with lifestyle changes. I completely understand the science. 2th if someone comes to you with periodontal disease due to neglect do you treat it or not? Kinda the place I am at. I got myself here what are best steps to reverse course?
    I know people who were diagnosed with low T with a blood test, not just based on symptoms. Doctors gave them two options, 1) adjust lifestyle and retest in 6 months or 2) meds. The ones who took option 1 are doing well and are healthier. The ones who took option 2 are doing okay but really aren't any healthier. And one of the ones who took option 1 is stronger, healthier but still needed some juice. He's in his early 30's and won the SC Stongman last year and is competing in the nationals in Louisville in a month.

But this is on the innernets and observational data from a CrossFit gym so take it for what it's worth.
    Last edited by Glenn; 04-21-2016 at 08:35 PM.

Just Damn. 2th gets it. Little dick syndrome is what I get from most of yall.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Buy a vette

All I can think of is headers, converter and a plate

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Do you speaka my language?

2th if someone comes to you with periodontal disease due to neglect do you treat it or not?
    Yes. I would treat the disease. BUT I would only be successful if I taught the patient WHY they got the disease.

Much like Low T, although that is just a symptom. I would want to know what the underlying DISEASE is. Look at my examples. Medicines make people feel better....but what DISEASE are you taking the medicine for? That is the kind of stuff I would want to know as a patient.
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 04-25-2016 at 11:42 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Thanks for the replies

2th nailed it! Im telling you from experience. My "drive " has always been off the charts but I felt like crap. I am 30lbs overweight now. 4 to 5 years ago I was talked into taking T shots .Huge freaking needle...thick med. No fear of needles at all. After taking this for two months...I felt no better. I had read stuff about prostate cancer,etc. I also read that I couldnt just stop the T shots.Bull shit. I stopped.It did not change anything. My fat ass had to learn portion control,drink water and move when I can. I will add that my job changed from a production job on the floor to a tech support role at a desk.I gained 65 lbs or so in 3 years. I am slowly losing it now. I believe its bullshit. I used to drink like a fish, smoke pot,have an attitude,never stay focused,chase strange,fight...general asshole.I also have a band that played a hundred shows per year...so add that in mix.

Follow up a few years later...Never get rattled...love my wife like never before..focus comes easy. I drink a few beers but thats it. I also crawled back to Jesus and the band is on hold. I still chase my wife around the house. If thats low T....I love it. Big pharm....suck it!
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

This is all I can think about with this thread lol

bout right!
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town