Thread: Trail Cam Questions

What settings have yall found to work. I have mine set on 2 pics, then a 30 minute delay.

Why would you set it on 30 minute delay? Chances are, you are missing alot. If your camers is digital, its not like it costs you naything to snap the pic. Set it 1-3 minutes delay b/w pics, dont set it facing east or west, and not crossing a trail...up or down the movement pattern.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

If my camera is on a trail I put it on every 15 seconds. If it is on a food plot or CORN PILE, then I will put it on every 2-5 minutes..
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!

I have mine on a corn pile....w/ about a 4 minute delay. Works great!

These folks have it right. On corn piles you will burn you batteries up real quick on the same family group(does and yearlings) without a proper delay.

Now for scrapes and trails I like two pics and a short delay.

[img]graemlins/iagree.gif[/img]

it happens a lot that a group of does or yearlings will come to the corn pile or food source for a little while before a buck will make his way in. sometimes he runs the bitches off...but you want a pick of HIM.

i have it set to take 2 pics, then sleep for 5 minutes. not sure what I am missing out there, but i have sat near my camera to gauge the deer's reactions and the flash doesn't seem to scare them...but it WILL if it flashes against something solid in the background. in other words, I like my camera to point into a wide open space. if you have it in a tight space, the flash against the backdrop seems to scare them a bit.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I have mine in Fairfield County, so corn is not an issue. Running a 60 second delay, which is the shortest possible. It's oriented North/South, strapped to a tree about 24" from the ground, looking right down the bank of a water hole. Hoping to catch anything (deer, sitting ducks, coons, etc.)

Only thing it's shot a pic of this year other than me while setting it up is another hunter...
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen