Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yote Trapping

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

First, get better traps and more of them. Either a Victor #3 or preferably Minnesota 550, either with rubber jaws to minimize injury potential to by-catch animals. You will need a minimum of 1 dozen, preferably 2 dozen to start. Learn dirt hole sets. Where you set them is the most important thing. Yotes are road runners like dogs. Think dirt road intersections. Avoid human scent as much as possible.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 08-17-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    First, get better traps and more of them. Either a Victor #3 or preferably Minnesota 550, either with rubber jaws to minimize injury potential to by-catch animals. You will need a minimum of 1 dozen, preferably 2 dozen to start. Learn dirt hole sets. Where you set them is the most important thing. Yotes are road runners like dogs. Think dirt road intersections. Avoid human scent as much as possible.
    I'm with you on getting better traps or modifying those dukes with a Paws I Trip pan. However why do you think he needs a dozen or more, if he's just trying to take a few yotes off his land?
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

I have seen 4 in one frame during the day. They really only have about 350 acres to roam.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

It would take half a day to set 2 dozen traps.

Get some MB-550 RC or even MB-450 OS (they're a bit smaller but will do the job). Call the trap supply company and have them set them up with swivels and earth anchors for you.

Send that Duke trap back. Any self-respecting coyote will tear that one apart in short order. Better yet, wait until the Minnesota Brand traps arrive and see where they differ in quality. It will be apparent as you pull them out of the box. They are as different as a pair of faded jorts and bedazzled jeans are.

Leave as little human scent as possible. Wear rubber hip boots, gloves, don't smoke or have a lot of other body oder. Don't have to be too elaborate with the trap set, sometimes simple sets are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I have seen 4 in one frame during the day. They really only have about 350 acres to roam.
    just send it to committee, or better yet, let Nikki tell you what to do..

Quote Originally Posted by JBHH View Post
    just send it to committee, or better yet, let Nikki tell you what to do..
    Or better yet, shut your trap.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I'll teach you but what kind of duck hunt you got to trade?

Get you some MB550os and be done with it
    tammies

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

No expert here, tried before.... Failed miserably. One piece of advice I can give u, make sure u have a good anchor.. I took a 15" piece of rebar, hammered it into the ground about 10" and bent the other 5" to anchor the trap. ....... Haha needless to say there is a yote running around here with some ankle jewelry on