Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Custom VS Out of the box arrows

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    I just laughed so hard at this I woke the kid up from a nap.

Serious bowhunters kill deer. I'm Busch league. Busch Light even.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    You didn't laugh any harder than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    Ok Bill Nye the Science Douche, I buy my arrows unseen used from Archery talk. If they need to be cut, I tape them, mark them, and cut with a cheap hand saw, dunk them in hot water and shoot. There is more common sense to tuning than being a Rad lingo bow tuning man! Get out there, shoot and shoot consistently to maintain muscle memory. If you don't practice for a while you will know it big time, and stupid people will blame it on the bow.
    i think he is talking about a degree of accuracy you will never reach.

for hunting accuracy, most people can shoot arrows out the box and be happy. will you see much of a difference at 20 yards? not really. will you see it past that meaning 40+? yes.

only difference you will see between different arrows is GPI difference and spine.

feathers vs vanes is a personal preference. feathers shoot fixed blade broadheads better and can hide flaws in your tuning.

I can promise you, you wont see a difference in straightness between the gold tip ex hunters and the xt hunters at the yardage you shoot nor the +/- grain difference.

don't over think a hunting set up. that's what it is just a hunting set up.

if you are consistently shooting a good group at 20 yards and make a bad shot on a deer, it isn't the equipment or your arrows.

My arrows have girls in bikinis on them. With a rebel flag. Deer thank me for shooting them. And Duct Tape cries a little everytime I release an arrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 08-25-2016 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    i think he is talking about a degree of accuracy you will never reach.

for hunting accuracy, most people can shoot arrows out the box and be happy. will you see much of a difference at 20 yards? not really. will you see it past that meaning 40+? yes.

only difference you will see between different arrows is GPI difference and spine.

feathers vs vanes is a personal preference. feathers shoot fixed blade broadheads better and can hide flaws in your tuning.

I can promise you, you wont see a difference in straightness between the gold tip ex hunters and the xt hunters at the yardage you shoot nor the +/- grain difference.

don't over think a hunting set up. that's what it is just a hunting set up.

if you are consistently shooting a good group at 20 yards and make a bad shot on a deer, it isn't the equipment or your arrows.

Nah...I was trying to be a douche. I like dropping my sick rad lingo from time to time.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    My arrows have girls in bikinis on them. With a rebel flag. Deer thank me for shooting them. And Duct Tape cries a little everytime I release an arrow.
    Totes jelly, brah. Totes.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Totes jelly, brah. Totes.
    Delightfully tacky aren't they?