Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PSA to the bowfishing crowd who has ventured to the salt water

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    ok

And bowfishermen aren't?
    no sir...just giggers, bass fisherman, and duck hunters.....and shrimpers......and bream fisherman...........and catfisherman....................and the guy in front of me at RedBox
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    no sir...just giggers, bass fisherman, and duck hunters.....and shrimpers......and bream fisherman...........and catfisherman....................and the guy in front of me at RedBox
    cut\'em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAC View Post
    How come everybody takes up for people throwing wakes, messing other people up, aircraft landing lights blazing, generators roaring, and say "everything they were doing was legal, get over it.", but at the same time, everybody rants about crowding, dike sitting, call blaring, skybusting morons. Nobody ever says what they do is perfectly legal and we need to get used to it. Why is that?
    Because until the last decade, we duck hunters held ourselves to a higher standard. We were gentlemen in a respectful sport with unwritten rules that most understood and played by.

Bow fishermen have always been a trashy lot.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Because until the last decade, we duck hunters held ourselves to a higher standard. We were gentlemen in a respectful sport with unwritten rules that most understood and played by.

Sad but true

So about the time you started hunting things went downhill.
    TFC -"Be tough, or get tough!"

come on man, Ive changed...really I have...they let me back into Applebees and all now.

come on man, Ive changed...really I have...they let me back into Applebees and all now.
    Ballin, you've always been a good one.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Truthfully it was the mud motors that ruined it all........
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

I expect bowfishing and gigging to come under more attack in the future.

Disturbance of homeowners, waste of undersize fish, jealous fishermen, ...
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

^ agreed. That's one of the main reasons I sold the rig and give it up. I'm suprised it has not happened already.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post

good. ive been needing a reason to sell all my shit and get out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post

I fear this will happen as well before my kids fully know the joy of getting down after dark, what scares me more is what will happen if the restrictions are so tight people stop doing it all together and the long nose gar and German carp population goes unchecked in addition to a reduction of all catfish species being removed. Might not effect the salt all that much but the fresh will definitely take a turn for the worse. Jealous fisherman will struggle in the shallows as 30lb missiles constantly disturb their bedding bass and bream holes, disturbed homeowners butting up to the water will wonder why all those nasty mouths are sucking air in their muddy little corner of the lake, and those undersize fish may not make it out of fry stage as the growing wads of gar feed voraciously on their poor little selves....There's good and bad in everything, its always easier to see the bad. I guess next will be the two stroke motor.

I fear this will happen as well before my kids fully know the joy of getting down after dark, what scares me more is what will happen if the restrictions are so tight people stop doing it all together and the long nose gar and German carp population goes unchecked in addition to a reduction of all catfish species being removed. Might not effect the salt all that much but the fresh will definitely take a turn for the worse. Jealous fisherman will struggle in the shallows as 30lb missiles constantly disturb their bedding bass and bream holes, disturbed homeowners butting up to the water will wonder why all those nasty mouths are sucking air in their muddy little corner of the lake, and those undersize fish may not make it out of fry stage as the growing wads of gar feed voraciously on their poor little selves....There's good and bad in everything, its always easier to see the bad. I guess next will be the two stroke motor.
    Two stroke are already banned in some places, I know for a fact some parts of Nevada do not allow them.

Went to wateree today and damn at the gar I seen. Anybody wants a tip on where to find gar I found a spot where I saw atleast 50+
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7