Thread: Millenium ladder stands

Default Millenium ladder stands

I am looking to purchase 6-8 ladder stands for the farm, both two man and single man stands. I have heard great things about the Millenium lock-ons, but not as much about the ladders. Has anyone had experience with the Millenium ladders? Are they as comfortable as advertised? They're high as Richard Pryor, so I don't want to get them without solid endorsements. I've also looked at some of the Big Game stands. Their top models are pricey, but still less than the Milleniums. Thanks, CC
    Carolina Counsel

We have several of them at our place. Very comfortable, quiet, lots of room, good sturdy rest, the ladder is solid and doesn't flex much when your climbing. I can't think of any negatives.

CC shoot me a Pm with details and I can get them for you at Simpsonville Ace. I'm about to place a order anyway.

I would worry about tree rats.

Can only speak for the lock-ons but Millenium makes a quality product. Have 4 and really enjoy them.
    Last edited by SC85; 07-17-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdunc View Post
    CC shoot me a Pm with details and I can get them for you at Simpsonville Ace. I'm about to place a order anyway.
    When are they going to release the "new" design climber?

I considered it but no.

I have had a millennium lock on for years and I have a bunch of brackets and 20ft sticks.
    Last year i bought a millennium climber off a guy.

My Millenniums are great. They are about all I hunt out of.
    But I would not feel comfortable leaving them out there to the elements, thieves, etc.

You could spend that money and build you some nice shooting houses and put old office chairs in them.

For a stand though, its hard to beat a $50, 15' ladder stand. I had some welded up with wrap around shooting rails made of flat bar. The seats are plenty big enough and fine with a butt pad. The $100 buddy stands aren't bad either. I may try to use mine with a Millennium ground tree seat this year just to see if it works.
    Last edited by walt4dun; 07-17-2014 at 02:35 PM.

They are awesome!

They are great stands
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I have the lock on with multiple sticks & brackets. I leave it all out during the season, they hold up well. I have also sat in the double ladders. The seat is exactly the same. Lots of room and comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate about buying one.

I've had a ladder out for about 3 years. It's still in great shape. Most comfortable stand I own. The ladder is very sturdy and the seat doesn't retain water. I realize they aren't cheap, but, to me, it's worth the extra costs.

Thanks for all of the input. The main hang up I have is if one of these grows legs, but I'll probably lock them to the tree for a little added security. Pretty sad when you have your own gated place and you still can't trust it to be secure.
    Carolina Counsel

I agree with comments above. My Millenniums are the most comfortable stands I own and well worth the cost. The ladder stands are every bit as comfortable as the lock ons. I have 3 Millennium Lock ons and I leave them out all season and have them locked to the tree with a heavy duty lock and cable. I also use 2 Lone Wolf style portable climbing sticks to get me up to my screw in steps. Unless they are 12' tall and carry bolt cutters, that should deter any potential thieves that want to steal those $200 suckers.

If I needed permanent style ladder stands and comfort was a top priority, I would not hesitate to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Thanks for all of the input. The main hang up I have is if one of these grows legs, but I'll probably lock them to the tree for a little added security. Pretty sad when you have your own gated place and you still can't trust it to be secure.
    Were you ever able to nail those two characters you caught on the game cam a few months back?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Were you ever able to nail those two characters you caught on the game cam a few months back?
    Negative. I thought we had a lead on the Bronco and it dried up. It's been quiet lately and all the gates are up so hopefully we will be okay for a while. I talked to some of the locals/neighbors and let the word out that I had an ex-game warden and a deputy keeping an eye on the place, that I am there randomly several times a week, and that I will prosecute anyone I catch on the property excuses be damned.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Negative. I thought we had a lead on the Bronco and it dried up. It's been quiet lately and all the gates are up so hopefully we will be okay for a while. I talked to some of the locals/neighbors and let the word out that I had an ex-game warden and a deputy keeping an eye on the place, that I am there randomly several times a week, and that I will prosecute anyone I catch on the property excuses be damned.
    Good to hear it. Good luck!
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'