Thread: Arugula Food plots?

Default Arugula Food plots?

No this isn't "Chopped" but while I was banned I got excited watching the chefs use the"salad rocket." I worked on my culinary skills and prepared dinner twice this week with it. I got mixed reviews, but I love it. It taste like a meat rather than water like with a romaine or iceberg.

Question has any one tried to grow arugula in SC? If so will deer eat it?

It would really be neat to get a dual use food plot. I regularly plant mustard and kale, but I don't like either.

Have you ever tried dehydrated kale chips? They're delicious. I cut the ribs out of the leaves, put the leaves in a kitchen trash bag, drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle some Tony Chacheres spice. Be careful and use less spice than you think you need. Close up the bag and toss it well to get everything coated. Put it in the dehydrator until it's completely dry. You can't over dry it. It's whispy light when done and almost like eating cotton candy as far as texture goes. It's damn good but don't serve it at a party because it gets all in your teeth.

You can have my share of arugula. I got my fill of it on a trip to Italy. It's called "rocket" on the menu.

Never tried the kale chips. I'll give it a shot.
    My friends dad came over from Spain last year. We were driving him around showing him he food plots and hoping to see a deer or 2 roaming around to show him our deer. We managed to go by one of the plots that was primarily Kale. He started picking some. He said he really liked it. Tastes bitter to me.

You can grow arugula easily but when arugula gets big it gets spicy.
    cut\'em