Thread: Night hunting for hogs

Default Night hunting for hogs

So we have a hog problem.....So I decide to look up the legalities of hog hunting at night and the DNR says you can apply for a night hunting application but they are not taking any more until next year. I read this a while back....by the way.

So do they want folk to kill vermin and save crops, land, roads, deer habitat .......or not? I want to be a law abiding citizen, but these bastards must die as well.

Long story short...........Why are they not taking any more "hog at night" hunting applications (Or whatever the legal jargon is)??????

BS, if'n you ax me.

With a gun. You can at any time with a bow if I'm correct I've been reading up on it

Call your local hog dogger.

Problem solved
    Windows Down!

This ^ or trap the sons a bishes!
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

You can hog hunt at night year round.

Read this because it seems your reading comprehension skills are a little suspect.
    http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/pdf/hog.pdf
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 12-13-2014 at 12:32 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    You can hog hunt at night year round.

Read this because it seems your reading comprehension skills are a little suspect.
    http://www.dnr.sc.gov/regs/pdf/hog.pdf

Cliff notes........You can hunt at night, but not with any kind of weapons that will do much good at eliminating critters (such as 5 rounds of buckshot out of IC choke.)

We do have dog / hog guys that help, but we try not to get them in there during deer season. Maybe we should though.

Go to your local DNR office and talk with the head honcho. Get him to issue you a permit.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfoot View Post
    Cliff notes........You can hunt at night, but not with any kind of weapons that will do much good at eliminating critters (such as 5 rounds of buckshot out of IC choke.)

We do have dog / hog guys that help, but we try not to get them in there during deer season. Maybe we should though.
    http://scducks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139957
    It holds 30 rounds and its legal to Hunt hogs with at night.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

It sounds like your are good to go with whatever the last day of Feb through July 1. Just call dnr and let them know 48hr in advance of your first hunt.

From the last day of February to July 1, upon notification to SCDNR (www.dnr.sc.gov/nighthunt) at least 48 hours in advance, hogs may be hunted at night with artificial lights and night vision devices using any legal firearm, bow, or crossbow. Notice to the SCDNR is required once per season for each property and the names and hunting license numbers of each person participating in the hunt must be listed. Hunters using centerfire rifles during this time must be at an elevated position at least 10 feet from the ground. [/I]

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnredneck View Post
    It sounds like your are good to go with whatever the last day of Feb through July 1. Just call dnr and let them know 48hr in advance of your first hunt.

From the last day of February to July 1, upon notification to SCDNR (www.dnr.sc.gov/nighthunt) at least 48 hours in advance, hogs may be hunted at night with artificial lights and night vision devices using any legal firearm, bow, or crossbow. Notice to the SCDNR is required once per season for each property and the names and hunting license numbers of each person participating in the hunt must be listed. Hunters using centerfire rifles during this time must be at an elevated position at least 10 feet from the ground. [/I]
    This right cheer..... I did it last year. All you have to do is get online and fill out the form. It takes 5min. Put where, who, and license #'s on electronic form. Just a brief description of where you plan to hunt

Quote Originally Posted by thunderfoot View Post
    If they have good/non-trashy dogs it will not hurt a thing to run them during the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

The next year thing is because the season doesn't start again until 2015, that is why they aren't taking applications.
    Now this is a bit misleading because this application is to all but hunt with trip wire and dynamite.
    However you can hunt all year with certain weapons platforms and they heavily restrict your optics choices, and basically this is so no one can night hunt for deer.
    If they are a problem as mentioned DNR will issue a permit. DNR has declared war on coyotes and hogs and are very amicable when it comes to dispatching the vermin.