Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 20 inchers???

What about stabbin frogs? Is that unethical too?

Nah, stabbing frogs is cool...there really is no other method and not very sought after. Yall see my point about gigging....I would not be opposed to it if people would not completely rape stretches of bank where a lot of boat fisherman like to fish. I've seen boats lit up like a UFO several times in areas I like to fish. Hey, if they get a few, cool. That's what everyone wants to do, but no need to gig your whole boat limit off that bank in 2 hours. I have to fish about 4 to 5 different spots to get a limit.

I have limited out on the same creek 3 nights in a row and then taken a charter there to catch them on a rod a reel the following day. You're just ignorant and that is all there is to it.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Maybe I've got the wrong impression of giggers. You folk have about convinced me that it's not as easy as I have assumed. Honestly. How long does it take to get a limit of flounder by gigging and how much bank do you have to cover. Please enlighten me. I not completely closed minded. I have this mental picture that in about 2 or 3 hours and about four hundred yards of bank you can stick a limit of them.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    Maybe I've got the wrong impression of giggers. You folk have about convinced me that it's not as easy as I have assumed. Honestly. How long does it take to get a limit of flounder by gigging and how much bank do you have to cover. Please enlighten me. I not completely closed minded. I have this mental picture that in about 2 or 3 hours and about four hundred yards of bank you can stick a limit of them.
    on the right bank, hell yes.....its just tough to find that bank....hardly ever
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Where is this bank you speak of? Been doing this all my life(with a Coleman Lantern when I was younger) and have not seen fish stacked up like that while gigging. It is much easier and quicker to catch thirty fish anchored up in the same spot during certain times of the year than it is to stick that same amount of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    on the right bank, hell yes.....its just tough to find that bank....hardly ever
    If everybody who does it isn't getting on them like that consistently then I guess is aight. If it requires some effort to find them and still it's not guaranteed to get them then I'm cool with it.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

If everybody who does it isn't getting on them like that consistently then I guess is aight. If it requires some effort to find them and still it's not guaranteed to get them then I'm cool with it.
    whew...ok, thank goodness
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Noone cares if you are cool with it or not.
    Last edited by dhall1693; 05-06-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

There is no way this cottontop74 is not an alias. At 1015 he post something negative about gigging, then 27 minutes later he is cool with it. All his post make him out to be some kinda idiot, "my friend shot a hen in a moving bush", "look at my cull buck", "Cull gobbler". SMH. If it is not a alias I would be very surprised, very.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

I bet he has popsicles in his cellar
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkLee View Post
    There is no way this cottontop74 is not an alias. At 1015 he post something negative about gigging, then 27 minutes later he is cool with it. All his post make him out to be some kinda idiot, "my friend shot a hen in a moving bush", "look at my cull buck", "Cull gobbler". SMH. If it is not a alias I would be very surprised, very.
    I just hope someone is making a list of his pro tips before he gets banned

I enjoy the lively discussions! Whenever to the threads seem kind of dull...I'll post something and turn up the heat! Apparently my threads must be interesting, they sho get a lot of responses and views!

Lets get back to shooting a wood duck roost.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by ndbrown213 View Post
    Lets get back to shooting a wood duck roost.
    The way some of these "Gangstas" on here talk about how they just like to kill shit....they probably do!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    I just hope someone is making a list of his pro tips before he gets banned

honestly I normally cover several miles of bank. So many more things have to come together to have a successful gigging trip than a fishing trip. You need little to no wind, lack of recent rain or high boat traffic, the tide has to be right. It is FAR from easy and at least 90% a limit doesn't happen
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    honestly I normally cover several miles of bank. So many more things have to come together to have a successful gigging trip than a fishing trip. You need little to no wind, lack of recent rain or high boat traffic, the tide has to be right. It is FAR from easy and at least 90% a limit doesn't happen
    I'm sure it's fun as hell! Need some cold beer for a night out gigging. I'm sure you need low breeze so you can see, but I bet the no-see-em's are crazy with all those lights and little wind! I'd like to try it sometime!

I'm sure it's fun as hell! Need some cold beer for a night out gigging. I'm sure you need low breeze so you can see, but I bet the no-see-em's are crazy with all those lights and little wind! I'd like to try it sometime!
    But what about the people who need to catch them on rod and reel? How are you gonna feel about yourself when you deprive them of that flounder because you stuck it with a gig....
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    But what about the people who need to catch them on rod and reel? How are you gonna feel about yourself when you deprive them of that flounder because you stuck it with a gig....
    I ain't gonna get em all! One 17 inch flounder fed my family of three last night. With all the deer, doves, duck, turkey, fish, rabbit, quail (farm raised),etc. in my freezer(s), I don't have room for a limit. I just need about 5 to 10 at a time. Damn, I've got to start cooking some doves! Looked in the freezer the other day while putting up the flounder and it looked like I had 6 sacks of them! Anywhere from 15 to 30 a bag!