Thread: Chattooga

Default Chattooga

I will be in Clemson this weekend for sister's graduation and due to general lack of excitement in that town I would love to hit one of my old spots for some trout away from the beautiful red clay shores of Hartwell.

Obviously being out of state now I have not fished the river in the last couple of years. What type of flies have been successful this early in May....
    Last edited by 803; 05-05-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

just get a can of corn

I would drive to Clayton, GA and fish Warwoman WMA.

Artificial lures only..lots of trout.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Chattooga should be fishing real well this May- lots of rain, and great temps this Spring. Standard Hare's Ear or Prince nymphs ALWAYS work well there. Wooly Buggers too. If you want to fish dries, Stimulators or Parachute Adams work.

Go to the Chattooga river fly shop and ask those guys for some help.

Personally, I always have more luck with streamers on the Chattooga than any rivers in NC. I don't know if it te trout they stock are more aggressive towards them or what. Squirmie wormie flies and inchworms should be pretty effective right now though

I always did good with the olive wooly boogers and a telico.
    867-5309

Head to the Chauga instead.

Thanks guys
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin