Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 270 and corelok 130 grain

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnap View Post
    I like core lokts. Most of the nerds complaining about them need to learn how to trail.
    Why trail when you can just drop them where they stand?

.308 Win, 150 grain TTSX . DRT. Shot on point of shoulder, quartering to , exit opposite side rib cage

About what I see everytime. Boring reliability..

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 11-13-2014 at 10:41 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

my dad shoots the 150 out of his 270, his dad does too and i do to along with my brother all in remingtons. ive never shot a deer that i havent recovered(knock on wood). Ive never had a deer run over 30 yards either. Between my dad and grandad there have been an ASS load of deer killed. Between my brother and I, I think we have killed enough to debunk the fact that a core lokt is a garbage round. Its cheap and its never failed me, best of both worlds. The thing i find funny is how people bash the round without ever finding the deer, so how do you know where you hit it? You put it where that little red dot is on that picture and i promise his ass aint goin far.

I have recovered a few deer that didn't bleed that were well hit with core lokts. I have also seen a pile of them DRT with core lokts. Bottom line is there are better bullets out there. Owning dogs that will blood trail deer lets you see some crazy stuff
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Owning dogs that will blood trail deer lets you see some crazy stuff
    Dad shot a deer one night, didnt feel good about shot so we left it alone til next morning. Got the dog out and went to trailing, deer went 150 yards and died. He shot him in the lower ass and he was quartering so it came out and blew his junk all off and then went back into the opposite side lower ass. Just tiny specs of blood. Idk if we would have found it without a dog.

140 grain Accubond 7RemMag ..

Pretty much the norm when I find one..

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nitro5x6's; 11-13-2014 at 11:20 AM.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    .308 Win, 150 grain TTSX . DRT. Shot on point of shoulder, quartering to , exit opposite side rib cage

About what I see everytime. Boring reliability..

That's fucking impressive
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtnap View Post
    I like core lokts. Most of the nerds complaining about them need to learn how to trail.
    You're, of course, assuming that many of us who choose to use better quality bullets don't already have years more experience in tracking deer than you do. I suspect that would be a very poor assumption on your part.

Besides, why set yourself up to having to trail a deer if you can consistently drop them in their tracks, i.e, 'DRT'... ???

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    my dad shoots the 150 out of his 270, his dad does too and i do to along with my brother all in remingtons. ive never shot a deer that i havent recovered(knock on wood). Ive never had a deer run over 30 yards either. Between my dad and grandad there have been an ASS load of deer killed. Between my brother and I, I think we have killed enough to debunk the fact that a core lokt is a garbage round. Its cheap and its never failed me, best of both worlds. The thing i find funny is how people bash the round without ever finding the deer, so how do you know where you hit it? You put it where that little red dot is on that picture and i promise his ass aint goin far.
    There's another one of those asinine 'assumptions' again...

Btw, how do you "debunk a fact"? A "fact" is a "fact". You can "debunk" a "theory, a premise, a belief, a hypothesis, etc, etc, etc"... but how do you "debunk a fact"? Just curious.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Hows it assumptions when ive probably heard over 20 people say that in my lifetime? Its a fact that people think CL is a shitty round. Weve debunked that fact, sorry opinion, shit. That better? Also a fact that you put a CL threw the shoulder they gone die.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 11-14-2014 at 12:55 PM.

LOL... you just keep proving the point every time you post.

You first stated the assumption...
    The thing i find funny is how people bash the round without ever finding the deer, so how do you know where you hit it?
    You're "assuming" that people aren't finding the deer if/when they "bash" the CL bullet.

Now you come in with this...
    Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Hows it assumptions when ive probably heard over 20 people say that in my lifetime? Its a fact that people think CL is a shitty round. Weve debunked that fact. That better? Also a fact that you put a CL threw the shoulder gone die.
    You claim that "20 people" have told you that over the years, but that's just a claim on your part. IF you want to make that claim, show us the "facts" of who bashed the bullet after they failed to find the deer that they "think" they shot... OK?

Now re-read what you've written...

"It's a fact that people think CL is a shitty round."

Now, you say you've "debunked the fact". So you've debunked that people think??? I don't believe that's true because a lot of people still think/believe/have an opinion, etc, that the CL is a "less desirable" round. (You call it "shitty". I don't. I just think there are much better alternatives for not a whole lot more money.)

Or do you mean to say that YOU THINK you've "debunked" the "OPINION" that the CL is a "shitty round"?

You can't debunk a "fact". What you think you've debunked is the basis of people's "opinions" about the CL bullet.

You need to truly understand what it is you think you think you think you know... OK?

And don't take it personal. I'm just in a cranky mood because I didn't see any deer this morning.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    And don't take it personal. I'm just in a cranky mood because I didn't see any deer this morning.

Nah nothing on this site goes to a personal level with me. Oh, and you could always be sitting in an office as i am; so id say you had a better morning than i did.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    You realize the Ballistic Silver Tip is a Nosler BT with a moly coating on it don't you? I've shot a few truckloads of deer with the BT over the 20+ years I've used them, only had one failure in that time and it was sort of freakish.
    yes. all i know is out of the deer i show the the winchester BT, they were all great shot placement, been shooting wood goats long enough to know when i squeeze off a bad shot. one dropped in its tracks, no expansion whatsoever. looked like a pencil went through it two ran off that i found by a body search, no blood trail whatsoever, but exited opposite shoulder on each. last one i found some nice bubbly blood at the place i shot him but never found any other blood and never found the deer.

i've shot 8 to 10 with the hornady. every single one has had great expansion, inside and exit. shot a doe last week with one that blew a fist size hole out of the spine. did that exact same shot with the silver tip and the deer dropped dead, but had no expansion whatsoever. those BTs do shoot great groups though.
    Last edited by ziggy; 11-14-2014 at 01:24 PM.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    yes. all i know is out of the deer i show the the winchester BT, they were all great shot placement, been shooting wood goats long enough to know when i squeeze off a bad shot. one dropped in its tracks, no expansion whatsoever. looked like a pencil went through it two ran off that i found by a body search, no blood trail whatsoever, but exited opposite shoulder on each. last one i found some nice bubbly blood at the place i shot him but never found any other blood and never found the deer.

i've shot 8 to 10 with the hornady. every single one has had great expansion, inside and exit. shot a doe last week with one that blew a fist size hole out of the spine. did that exact same shot with the silver tip and the deer dropped dead, but had no expansion whatsoever. those BTs do shoot great groups though.

What weight of BT are you shooting? What velocity? I've shot from 90grn in a .243 to 180grn in a .300 Wby, everyone but one has expanded and the one that didn't was out of a 30'06 on a deer, between two ribs on one side, out the other between two ribs. Hell, I had a 180grn expand on a cat at 50yds, turned that quail stalking little shit inside out. The 150's I shoot in my 7mm08 are the Combined Tech BT's, same as the silvertip, I've had exits the size of a quarter to baseball sized to damn near decapitating deer.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

130 grain, all out of a 270 abolt. not gonna bullshit you, have no idea on velocity. I'm aware it sounds like bs, but those silver tips have been an absolute no go in my gun, while the hornadys have been stout. both have grouped extremely well. i have some pics of the exit wounds i'll try to dig up here.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    130 grain, all out of a 270 abolt. not gonna bullshit you, have no idea on velocity. I'm aware it sounds like bs, but those silver tips have been an absolute no go in my gun, while the hornadys have been stout. both have grouped extremely well. i have some pics of the exit wounds i'll try to dig up here.
    were they all out of the same box? maybe it was a bad batch or something. But you have solved the problem. SST is a hell of a bullet