Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What age were you when you started carrying a gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    As far back as when chamois was cool.

Great pic buddy. And by the way, chamois is still cool.

It was a joke.

4 or 5 with a bb gun while playing retriever for my dad, think i was about 6 trying to shoot marsh hens with a 410. First deer i was 7, damn 308 gave me a black eye but i coulda cared less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

got a single shot 12 guage new england when i was 9. when i was 11 i got a winchester 62A. Still have the winchester. Me and a buddy put a hurtin' on the sqwerl population back in the day. I love that gun.

I guess I was 12 or 13. Late compared to some of you but my pops felt like a BB gun in the hands of a kid was a problem. I started with a Remington 552 that I still have to this day, then a Fox 20ga SXS and finally a Remington Model 11 to hunt with. My first real dove shoot it was ball feezing cold and my fingers were so numb and raw that I had a hard time feeding those shells into the gun. Dern shoulder still has a tick thinking about the beating that old metal butt plate put on it that day. Good memories of hunting with my dad, thanks for bringing that one back up. Sure do miss Dad these days, though I'm sure he's laughing his ass off at me and these two boys of mine.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013