Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Cussed a Fireman today

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Ghost View Post
    Go cuss a cop and see what happens next
    Start with a Spbg Cty deputy. I can even arrange a meeting.

Right back at you son.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Huck View Post
    Right back at you son.
    My, what a witty retort.

Do not try to elevate yourself by indicating any relation to me. I wouldnt let you wash my truck.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Hell, he can come wash mine - I ain't all that far away.

I won't pay him - I'd just give it to somebody "needy".
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

This fuck chop just cant let it lay

Still applies!

Still applies!
    Good, as long as I piss you off, I feel like I am doing a public service.

Didja catch that liberal?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

So no ones ever bitched on here about a man with a badge? Took no pleasure in cussing the man. Just how I reacted to the situation.You never defend yourselves? Your bias is showing.
    I'm not sure why I'm even responding. I'm a fireman, so yes, I'm biased. The guy made a mistake by not having his lights on, but as was previously stated, he was probably a volunteer, doing for free what most wouldn't do for pay, and people make mistakes. The main difference is that when most people make mistakes at work, they don't have the added stress of knowing that they may be putting themselves and others in harms way, nor do they have the pleasure of being cussed out by some random passerby who feels like he's stickin' it to the man. Personally, I've never considered myself as being in a position of power, it's more accurately an obligation of service, whether I'm on duty or off.

Yes, I've been in situations where I've reacted a little more harshly to someone because of what I perceived to be stupidity, but I don't generally hop on my favorite sportsman's forum and brag about what a badass I am. If you took no pleasure in cussing the man, then why did you start this thread?

Also, "pro-tip": if you roll up on a big red truck in the middle of the road, lights or not, they're probably there because someone is having a shitty day, use caution.
    Last edited by Lowcountry Boy; 08-12-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcountry Boy View Post
    The guy made a mistake by not having his lights on, but as was previously stated, he was probably a volunteer, doing for free what most wouldn't do for pay, and people make mistakes.
    I don't know, around here the volunteers never cut them off. Hell, they run them when they head to church.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I don't know, around here the volunteers never cut them off. Hell, they run them when they head to church.
    I wasn't trying to generalize, for some reason I assumed it was a fairly rural setting the first time I read it. I just meant that he may not have been overly familiar with the truck. Don't get me wrong, paid guys make mistakes too.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post

my point is that maybe a simple "my bad" and a smile with an affirmative nod of the head would have been enough to settle the situation.
    That's how I would've handled it. But...I try to talk to people with tact even when they're in the wrong. You can say almost anything to a person if you phrase it in a way that's not belittling.

Having two older brothers beat the fuck out of me regularly growing up taught me Diplomacy 101.
    Tell me sump'n. Why you askin' so many jackassy questions?

Hey, I'm not a bad ass never been a bad ass. Just a little to quick temper sometimes. Didn't feel like I was bragging. I think I have already stated that I shouldn't have cuss at the man.He was supposed to be blocking traffic, he failed. I didn't appreciate his attitude. That's all there was to it.Falk coming up I was the youngest of a bunch of cousins, I would fight anybody at the drop of a hat. So I have toted a lot of ass whippings.But I still don't like to take shit and some times it comes out. If that makes me wrong ,so be it.

Is it hard to suck at life that bad?
    “Got tight last night on absinthe and did knife tricks."-Ernest Hemingway

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Duckkiller
    I was an athlete at Clemson, not a scholar.

I don't know Chris. How is it being an all knowing, all assuming ,ass!

DIE THREAD DIE

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    DIE THREAD DIE
    No shit, HS.

OK, HS I'm going to oblige you. I've got to go shoot some anyway. You know an unpopular ass like myself has to keep his skills sharp.

PS. That last part was a joke.

Ok im going to step in here. And if it has been answered or commented on already then oh well i aint reading all this BS just to comment. How come any time a firefighter or the like does something then it is unquestionable. I know several firefighters who are only in it so they can brag that they are firefighters. Most of them are volunteers. I used to live 1/2 a mile from the fire dept and know why some of them were firefighters, they wanted to drive the firetruck. (I have seem them race by my house to get there to drive it). Also my dad was a volunteer firefighter and told me all about some of the guys and how they were about it.

Dont get me wrong, most firefighters are in it for the right reasons. But just because of the job does not make him perfect. Maybe red put someone in his place that needed to be put there. Maybe he was wrong. I dont know and neither do you so cut the guy some slack.
    Last edited by Wolf; 08-13-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Worded something wrong. Most are in it for the right reasons.

Also if he is like me then he was possibly mad that this guy was making other firefighters look bad. and wanted to vent about it.

For what it's worth... It wasn't a volunteer.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...