Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: two hard pills to swallow

pardon my ignorance, but can you shoot one? I know you probably have to leave em be if possible, but at what point can you kill one. I've heard in alaska, if you kill one, you better have teeth marks on ya!
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

They didn't just "move in,"Bear, they were trucked in by incredibly stupid abortion candidates who werw raised by fucking losers.

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    did those come with a magnifying glass?
    I know your eyes gotta be better then mine, can't you work your magic on 'em to make 'em bigger and clearer? (they just look like hogs to me, most bears I've heard of would have smashed that feeder and torn it inside out)
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

damn i live right there and did not know either of those were around. i'll have to keep closer tabs on my dog that runs around in the woods all the time

It doesn't surprise me to hear about the bears. We have them all over the state in small numbers. I have never really known a black bear to be aggressive towards humans or other animals unless they are cornered or with cubs. I have had encounters with a few on several occasions on out of state hunting trips in Pa. One walked within 35 yards of me on a foggy morning turkey hunting. He had no idea I was there until he winded me and ran the other direction. I would only be nervous if one had cubs with her, otherwise they are more scared of you.

Lets get a couple things straight trail and tree. One of the dogs that got killed the other night, was mine. So before you start talking your shit on here why dont you get the facts. First being there were no pics taken of any of the dogs or any of the hunt for that matter. That dog was a real good dog and one of my worst loses in hunting. It was an extremely bad week for me, so the best thing you can do is not post anything that you dont know the facts about. Another is, he had a cut collar on, and I usually run a vest on him as well. But if you knew anything about hog hunting, it's not the best idea to run a cut vest when its 100 degrees outside. Unless you won't your dogs to not even make it to the bay. And just to let all of yall know, this is typical lexington shit for someone to do all this talk and not even have been there or know the details. The other guy that got his dog killed has been hog hunting for over 30 years and the dog was between 9 and 10 years old. So, he had been around a long time, I've been hunting with these guys for 7 to 8 years and have seen dogs get cut about 4 times. He is the one that called me and told me about all these post and was extremely upset about all this bullshit. So, if there is anything else you would like to criticize feel free to send me a message.

This site should be called Internet badass' .com

No shit. This clown says that he has been hunting hogs with dogs for 8 years. Then says he has only seen a dog get cut 4 times. Either he is a liar or his dogs are chickenshit cowards. If you don't have more sense than to run your dogs when it is "100 degrees outside" then you shouldn't be allowed to own dogs in the first place. While we are at it, you shouldn't be allowed to have kids either.
    When the tailgate drops the bullshit stops

Quote Originally Posted by lcfsfire View Post
    Lets get a couple things straight trail and tree. One of the dogs that got killed the other night, was mine. So before you start talking your shit on here why dont you get the facts. First being there were no pics taken of any of the dogs or any of the hunt for that matter. That dog was a real good dog and one of my worst loses in hunting. It was an extremely bad week for me, so the best thing you can do is not post anything that you dont know the facts about. Another is, he had a cut collar on, and I usually run a vest on him as well. But if you knew anything about hog hunting, it's not the best idea to run a cut vest when its 100 degrees outside. Unless you won't your dogs to not even make it to the bay. And just to let all of yall know, this is typical lexington shit for someone to do all this talk and not even have been there or know the details. The other guy that got his dog killed has been hog hunting for over 30 years and the dog was between 9 and 10 years old. So, he had been around a long time, I've been hunting with these guys for 7 to 8 years and have seen dogs get cut about 4 times. He is the one that called me and told me about all these post and was extremely upset about all this bullshit. So, if there is anything else you would like to criticize feel free to send me a message.
    First off, let me say I am sorry for the lose of your dogs. Second do not fucking associate me with the shit talking in Lexington, if at all possible I do not cross that fucking dam. Now, as far as the the pictures taking, I would be more the happy to e-mail or text you the pics that I received via text and e-mail from several sources, but I am not going to post them up on here. If you knew anything about hog hunting, then you would be familar with a "Texas Cool Pack" vest. Several different companies make them, and they even make them for people, during the summer we do not allow in one to work with out wearing one in areas above 103. Since you have no fucking idea what one is I am going to explain the concept to you, the are vest that are made with freezable gel inserts. They work great for dogs. I agree that the summer time is not the best to hunt for the dogs, but if the proper measures are taken then it can be done successfully.
    Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making